Format: PaperbackChange

on 10 August 2014
I live in Aberdeen and it feels good to realise you know the places depicted in the story
on 7 January 2011
I think Stuart MacBride is a fantastic author and as usual I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book - poor old Logan McRae doesn't get an easy time in this book either. Stuart's ability to describe the idiocyncracies of the North East is excellent and even if you are not familiar with the area the book is riveting. I can hardly wait for his next one. I've not said much about the book as I don't want to spoil it but don't read it if you are of a delicate persuasion................
0Comment10 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 May 2011
I have enjoyed all the previous books in this series and this was another great read. Logan McRae is a brilliant fictional characters and I like the fact that he is clearly fallable - in fact most of the characters in the book are. The interactions between the characters are always interesting and there were several laugh-out-loud moments. The pace of the book is fairly frantic at times and the accounts of multiple interviews was effective I thought - introducing a number of diverse characters who might or might not be relevant later on. Maybe not the best plot of the series but still I really enjoyed it.
on 18 December 2014
A particularly good read.A bit confusing at times.Book in good condition.
on 15 August 2014
Fantastic as always - please write some more of the Logan McRae series!!!
on 8 July 2015
Another amazing tale, the characters are really great, this was real fun
on 1 February 2015
A very enjoyable book.
An excellent read !
A brilliant writer!
on 22 November 2014
Loved this book, once again I found it very difficult to put it down.
on 14 January 2011
Another great book from Mr MacBride - like others, I have read all 7 of the series and they just get better - one very small point - me being a Del Amitri fan - in the book he mentions he turns the music on the CD player to "Deacon Blue and Move Away Jimmy Blue" - Del Amitri performed Move Away Jimmy Blue - but since the book was excellent I will forgive you Mr MacBride!!!
Having visited Aberdeen on several occasions, I love his descriptive of it and the characters in the book are very "real"
Waiting impatiently for the next instalment!!!
on 13 August 2015
Really like Stuart MacBride books can't wait to read the next one .