5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration for everyday cooking
I love these recipes from Sally Bee. They make all my guilty pleasures ok to eat by making small changes! We all know the principles of healthy eating, but somehow I'm often at a loss when trying to put this knowledge to use to make my comfort food healthy. My two favourite recipes so far are the lasagne and the chicken casserole, which was divine.

Sally's...
Published on 30 Jan 2010 by literary_spy

3.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational story, straightforward recipes
Published on 17 May 2010 by Poppy Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration for everyday cooking, 30 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Secret Ingredient (Paperback)

Sally's suggestions are so obvious and great, making this a cookbook for everyday cooking with recipes all kids will eat. It might just save your life, but it's not full of ingredients you can't get hold of, it won't take you all day to cook and kids and people who have no weight to lose won't turn their noises up.

Sally's story is astonishing and really goes to show how important your heart is and how important it is to look after it properly.

Oh; and it has such a pretty cover:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ever !!!, 4 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Secret Ingredient (Paperback)
I have various cook books but this one knocks spots off the others. The reason being is that the recipes are so easy to follow and everything can be created without having to search for any special ingredients.
Sally Bee has provided me with good wholesome recipes that my whole family can enjoy. A true inspiration. We'll done Sally Bee!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring story; wonderful recipes, 13 Jan 2010
Scottish Footie - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Secret Ingredient (Paperback)
I'm a sucker for a good cookbook. But it was news of Sally's experience which made me put this on my preorder list. I think I'd read about her condition and amazing turnaround a few months ago, and it was only by chance that I heard a radio piece about it a few days ago. Fantastic to see what good living and a good attitude can do to someone who was given hours to live.

As for the recipes, I'm really pleased with how things have turned out for me so far. They're simple and straightforward and certainly healthy. After our Christmas, it won't do any of the family any harm to work a few of these into the evening rotation. Not a bad start to the new year, as far as the scales are concerned.

3.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational story, straightforward recipes, 17 May 2010
Poppy Girl (New Zealand & UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secret Ingredient (Paperback)
Sally Bee's story is very inspirational and I love the look of this book. I just found this book is more suitable for a beginner or someone who hasn't cooked for a family before. The recipes are straightforward, I just expected a bit more info on why it is important to eat ths and not that and maybe some swap outs for ingredients, so you can make the dish a bit differently next time. I do like this book, however the recipes aren't really anything new. She does give some tips and hints but I thought there would be more. Great photos in the book and worth a flick through for some dinner ideas but it's not a must have cookbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sally Bee - The Secret Ingredient, 12 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Secret Ingredient (Paperback)
I waited a long time to get hold of this book, as after reading about it in a national newspaper, I could not get hold of the original and had to wait for the 2nd edition being released in January 2010, but it was well worth the wait... an excellent cookery book which is as it says, with - 'Easy and delicious recipes'. I have already sampled a lot of the recipes and the key thing to this book from the author's own health experiences, is that she has made the recipes 'HEALTHY'! Highly recommended and cheapest buy with Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cookbook ever, 5 Mar 2010
J. Williams - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secret Ingredient (Paperback)
I needed a cookbook suitable for a low fat diet. This is fits the bill perfectly, a good variety of dishes suitable for all occasions. Easy to follow, uses everyday ingredients, short preparation time. Some dishes benefit from a little extra spicing. Has changed my eating habits. The resulting weight loss is an unexpected bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 14 Feb 2010
Mrs. M. L. Webb "Margaret" (Lavendon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secret Ingredient (Paperback)
This is a book that you will want to pick up and it is very well set out with colourful photographs throughout and also contains Sally's marvellous story of recovery. The recipes are great and are helpfully marked as being suitable for everday or an occasional treat. Excellent advice for leading a healthy life whilst not missing out on good and tasty food - it could be a 'life-saver' in more ways than one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Recipes, 1 Mar 2010
This review is from: The Secret Ingredient (Paperback)
I purchased this book after reading about what happened to Sally & the way in which she took control of everything she ate in order to have the best chance of survival.
Up to now, in the short time I have had the cookery book, I have tried 14 of the Recipes, some of which include carrot & butternut squash soup, snappy tuna melt, fish in a bag, hearty shepherd's pie, quick Cajun chicken salad. Each recipe was easy to follow & so full of flavour. I have a friend who came for tea & I made the red berry meringue pie in four ramekin dishes, the result looked & tasted stunning & so easy to make. I have also bought this book for my Mum.
After years of buying so many books & magazines & joining various slimming clubs based on healthy eating & diet, I truly believe I have found the best cookery book I have ever owned, filled with delicious meals to eat & full of information that you can understand. Well done Sally.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Secret Ingredient, 21 Feb 2010
Mr. G. Brace (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secret Ingredient (Paperback)
The Secret Ingredient is a bit of a give away, but the whole book is written in a very down to earth straightforward way as though the author was chatting to you in the kitchen. We have tried a number of the recipes; not all to our taste, but in the main they are good tasty and wholesome and surpisingly using little oil. You need to be careful with proportions and adjust them to your liking. This book , like all good cook books should point the way and give you the stimulus to make healthy eating substitutes for a great variety of day to day meals. I thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars healthily delicious, 14 Feb 2010
Eileen Howard (southport UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secret Ingredient (Paperback)
This book attracts interest from the start. the background of Sally's illness and her use of nutritious food to help her recovery is believable. The recipe's are absolutely delicious which is the number one requirement of enjoyable food. The fact that they are also healthy is a plus. Also she clearly marks food which can be eaten every day and food that is suggested as a treat. Her happy personality comes over in the way she writes her introduction.

The Secret Ingredient
The Secret Ingredient by Sally Bee (Paperback - 21 Jan 2010)
10.39