on 25 January 2013
I understand the need for recycling paper but with this dictionary they have gone too far ! The pages are almost yellow and rough and it is really concise, with many common words missing. If you need to consult a dictionary often , just spend a bit more and buy something else !
on 6 August 2012
A Nice size dictionary for School Work. Great as Dictionary's go. Also, Good for Crossword puzzles. The Thesaurus is very handy.
on 7 March 2013
amazing. very good and helpfull as a dictionary to understand the meanings of words and find synonyms and much more
on 26 December 2011
This item has an excellent value for the price. Having a dictionary and thesaurus in such a convenient way helps a lot. I would definitely recommend it!
on 17 April 2012
good value for the price and i like that the thesaurus is on the same page as the dictionary words...
on 18 April 2014
I am currently reading once more the series of twenty novels by Patrick O'Brian, the Aubrey/Maturin tales. Although I use the special help provided by the wonderful "Sea of Words" lexicon by Dean King to navigate through the vast amount of seafaring terms of the era of wooden vessels in the early 19th century, I need more help with the enormous range of O'Brian's English vocabulary. Having in vain searched for help in several dictionaries I hoped that the Collins would get me much further. But although very practical with its Thesaurus for every day's use it is obviously not a good choice (just as all the ones I tried before, mostly of American origin) for English literature.
But as I got it at no great expense and I like the Thesaurus it now stands quite thick side by side with the others making the collection looking quite impressive.
on 11 December 2013
THIS WAS A SILLY PRESENT FOR MY MUM WHO IS CROSSWORD CRAZY - WOW SHE HAS USED IT CONSTANTLY!! FOR THE PRICE A BARGAIN. ARRIVED ON TIME AND WITH NO FUSS HAS TO BE FULL MARKS.
on 28 March 2013
We have several dictionaries already, but this I bought because the way that it is compiled ( with the thesaurus on the same page as the dictionary) appealed to me.
on 26 February 2013
I brought this dictionary for my son, which was a bit too big in size for him . However, he is still able to look for the necessary words he's after.
on 5 July 2013
Let the book do the work and give your brain a rest when it comes to word finding and spelling xx