5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Published on 26 Feb 2012 by Gemma Gratton

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I bought this book (unseen) to liven up AS/A2 essays with a few idioms or common sayings and possibly to drop into conversation when I'm in France. I don't think it is likely to help in either of these aims. Of the 250 idioms and phrases, I'd guess that well over half are very obscure, despite the claim that they are all "commonly used by French speakers today". My...
Published on 21 Jan 2012 by David Welch

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Feb 2012
I'm in the middle of a French degree and this will definitely come in useful when I go to France for my year abroad. It is divided cleverly into different types of idioms - ones of happiness, embarassment, affection, argument, etc for easy use, and each idiom is given with literal and figurative translations, as well as examples. I'm looking forward to trying some of these out! Very useful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful learning tool, 2 Feb 2012
This review is from: Easy Learning French Idioms (Collins Easy Learning French) (Paperback)
I bought this as a resource for my French mad 13 year old son who says it's excellent as an additional resource to the school textbook and traditional dictionary. Suit someone keen to really get to grips with speaking French to native language users and get that much further with the intricacies of the language. Good price too and love the free delivery. Plan to buy French verbs addition as well. Very happy with speed of delivery and packaging too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Version doesn't work, 8 Oct 2011
Alasdair Crow (Alba/Scotland) - See all my reviews
Having had a look through the paperback version I found I enjoyed what I read. I then discovered via my Kindle it was available to buy immediately. However, upon downloading a sample of it I found that the Kindle wouldn't open the file.

I tried again and the same thing happened. Please fix this Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Collins French Idioms, 6 Jan 2012
Ian Pratt (Isle of Wight) - See all my reviews
Very useful book for advanced French speakers. Full of interesting phrases and idioms used on a daily basis. Will be usefull for any French speaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars German Idioms, 8 May 2014
Mr. C. Stanton (england) - See all my reviews
Useful book to supplement Degree course with OU. Neat, concise and contains very useful phrases and idioms for everyday use. Handy to carry around on train etc. Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent A level tool, 19 April 2014
My daughter is doing French A level and has found this book very useful for doing her essays - to make them stand out from the crowd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny and useful, 28 Mar 2014
Some of the French equivalents to our expressions are quite amusing, and should hopefully be useful in understanding everyday French.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful little book, 20 Mar 2014
Structure of the book very good making it easy to find the relevant section. This speeds up researching the idioms in both languages. The examples given for each idiom are most helpful, giving an accurate translation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 29 Nov 2013
Great fun for adults and children. Sillier sayings than ours but with good explanations as to why. GreT for enhancing french conversation

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 10 Nov 2013
On a recent visit to Marseille this book gave us the incentive to speak French and enjoy the experience of seeing if anyone understood us.

Easy Learning French Idioms (Collins Easy Learning French)
Easy Learning French Idioms (Collins Easy Learning French) by Collins Dictionaries (Paperback - 29 April 2010)
4.89