5.0 out of 5 stars Feather Boy - 'the best book I ever read!'
Published on 15 May 2008 by scruncy2008

1.0 out of 5 stars An unrewarding disposable which is no Harry Potter.
I love reading, and am always keen to find a new author to 'get into'. I saw this book being discussed on breakfast tv, and thought I'd give it a try. Courtesy of Amazon, it was on my doorstep in two days.
Oh dear, what a disappointment.
It's written entirely in the present tense, which makes for a very difficult read - the entire book demonstrates why stories...
Published on 11 Mar 2002

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Feather Boy - 'the best book I ever read!', 15 May 2008
I read a book and it was called Feather Boy. It was great and I really liked it. It was about a boy called Robert, a lady called Ms Sorrel and a bully called Niker. Robert is always being picked on by Niker, and they go to a place called Chance House, which some say is the place where a boy jumped to his death out of the top window. I would recommend the book to 8-15 year olds.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good story but a bit frightening., 3 Jun 2002
By A Customer
Robert Noble is the class weed, he is always getting picked on by Jonathan Niker and his gang.
He meets an old lady, Mrs Sorrel, whilst on a school project. She asks him to go to the top of Chance House, and empty building which is rumoured
to be the site of a boys death. Robert uncovers the mystery, and meets a few characters from Mrs Sorrel's past.
I enjoyed finding out the answers to the mystery.
This is not a book for children under eight. Jack Boardman (aged 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars Featherboy, 26 Jun 2003
I'am going to tell you about the best book I've ever read and it is called Featherboy. It's all about this boy called Robert Nobel. He's always is being picked on by a bully called Niker.Because he picks on Robert every body joins in apart from a girl who Robert has a crush on and she is called Kate. The very first time I read this book the pages just jumped out of the book. I would recomend this book to any kid over 7 years it is so good, I would do just that.

5.0 out of 5 stars review of Feather Boy by Nicky Singer, 5 May 2009
Fetaher Boy is an absolutely fantastic book and is definatly on my list of all time favourite books. THe plot is great and you can never be sure of whats coming next. feather boy is a haunting yet beautiful story and its ending brings a tear to your eyes. it isnt just good for kids, im sure adults will like it too because it has a different meassge for all of us depending on our circumstances. take some time out and read this book for yourself and you wont be dissappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars feather boy review, 27 April 2008
Robert Nobel is the class bullies punching bag, he is always getting picked on a boy called Jonathon Niker. One day, Robert gets chosen to go on a school project, there he meets a strange elderly lady called Edith Sorrel. She sends Robert on a quest to make a firebird coat. This book is about friendship and self-discovery. I give this book a 4 star rating and I would recommend it to children 8 years and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read for adults too, 20 Feb 2002
By A Customer
When I read this book I didn't realise it was aimed at children (although the type is fairly big and well spaced!) Norbert's story is compelling with many parallels in adulthood, although Singer depicts the behaviour and obsessive tendencies of children with pinpoint accuracy. I read the book in one sitting as once started I was keen to discover the fate of the little boy with 'chickie' hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Matthew Armstrong - Feather Boy Five Stars, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: Feather Boy (Essential Modern Classics) (Paperback)
Feather Boy is, and probably always will be, my favourite book of all time. The ending is sad yet satisfying; it has the most realistic ending that I have ever heard from a book. At first Feather Boy is slow but as soon as Robert meets Mrs Sorrell his life changes for ever. There are parts in this book where you think that Niker the class bully will dominate. However, surprises may or may not happen. This book does keep you guessing, which is what I like about this book. You think you know the ending, but then it turns out not to be as simple as you thought. I would recommend this book to the age group 9 - 14 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 7 Sep 2013
This review is from: Feather Boy (Essential Modern Classics) (Paperback)
Perfect for the age range, I'm a teacher and am going to be reading this to my class- can't wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever, 5 April 2013
This is a fantastic book.My 11 year old who doesn't like reading finished it in two days.I am looking for more books by Nicky Singer to encourage her to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars T.Winter (age 8), 13 May 2008
Miss C (Huddersfield) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this book. I loved every single moment of it. The people who put bad reviews are crazy! There is a boy called Robert but everyone calls him Norber-no bottle because he is the class dummy! Niker is his arch enemy and the class favourite. The story is about Norbert being bullied by Niker and his gang and how he escaped Niker by getting to know Mrs Sorrel and her asking him to go to Chance house and make a coat.
Some parts of it are quite emotional when Robert is being bullied. I would definitely recommend it to someone over 8.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Feather Boy (Essential Modern Classics)
Feather Boy (Essential Modern Classics) by Nicky Singer (Paperback - 1 April 2010)
4.89