4.0 out of 5 stars Useful crossword aid
Published on 17 Jan 2011 by Badger

3.0 out of 5 stars Collins Bradfords crossword solvers dictionary
Published on 17 Jun 2010 by margaret

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful crossword aid, 17 Jan 2011
Bought this crossword dictionary plus the Bradford Crossword Solvers Lists for my husband for Christmas. My 70-year old husband is a technophobe but enjoys doing his daily crossword. His dictionary and thesaurus were so well thumbed the covers and some of the pages were falling apart. Every Sunday he attempts a more complex crossword in a well-known newspaper and, inevitably, I found myself on the internet, trying to find answers to some of the clues. NOT ANY MORE! He has found these 2 books invaluable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bradfords crossword solvers dictionary, 27 Sep 2009
Mrs. B. Powley (Cumbria,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Dictionary (Hardcover)
The dictionary was purchased for my 89yrs young friend who has bad eyesight, she thought it was good for her as she is a crossword fiend. It is a good size, printed well and good for crossworders. I hope this makes sense and is helpful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Collins Bradfords crossword solvers dictionary, 17 Jun 2010
On the whole very good but it has a lot missing, i.e.naming countries and their capitals (capitals are shown but not to which country they relate) various anniversaries, authors, playwrights etc. various gods and religions, Greek and Roman alphabets and numbers also not shown. Personally although this book is helpful I do not find it anywhere as good as the 30 year old Crossword solver I disposed of thinking this would give as much if not more information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bradfords Crossword Solvers Dictionary, 25 Dec 2009
Mrs. A. Boot (U.K.) - See all my reviews
Couldn't imagine doing Crosswords without this book somewhere to hand !! Fantastic and the new layout is GREAT. Buy it if you are a Crossword fanatic like me !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bradford`s Crossword Solver`s Dictionary, 31 Jan 2010
Robert Archer - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Although by no means a crossword soling fanatic I do enjoy spending time at the weekend with the papers and testing myself with a selection of cryptic and general knowledge crosswords. Initially I was sceptical about needing the Bradford`s book because I had always relied on a normal dictionary, encyclopedia and a thesaurus. Since reciving the book however I have found myself turning to it in preference to the other reference works.
The crossword solver is both comprehensive and user-friendly. Anne Bradford has a lifetime`s experience of solving crosswords and it shows in the utility of the book she has compiled.
Perhaps I should also admit to simply perusing the book without any crossword in front of me. Sometimes I`ve opened the book at random and run my eye down an entry. (The one for musical entries produced some wonderful new words).
I keep this book close to hand aabout the house and find it invaluable. I can recommend this book without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, bees' knees, bitchin(g), fantastic, glorious, smashing, sublime, superb...., 10 Oct 2013
Sue Kichenside - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Not just a brilliant dictionary for cryptic and conventional crosswords but also an incredibly user-friendly thesaurus: concise and thorough for words both everyday and recondite. I use my Bradford's almost daily and can't recommend it too highly to anyone who works with words or who is just interested in them. Bravo Anne Bradford!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bradford's Crossword Solver's Dictionary, 6 Nov 2010
This was a present for my father. He'd had a previous edition of this book before but was delighted with this new version. He found it right up to date and enjoyed all the new material it contained. Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars A cross-word addicts' dream book!!, 2 Nov 2011
This is the 8th edition and covers nearly all the possible clues for a general knowledge crossword. As it is a hard back and is used a lot, it doesn't fall apart like the over-used paper-back one of old.
It's well worth it to get the hard-backed copy, though it's a little heavy, it's money well spent. It's very easy to make your own additions as there is plenty of space.
I would thoroughly recommend it if you love words, phrases and general knowledge.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE ONE TO HAVE, 7 April 2011
DOPPLEGANGER (TEDDY B) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
We are now on our 2nd copy of Anne Bradford's 'Crossword Solver's Dictionary' the 2005 edition, which has has so much use in the past 6 years that it is in a sorry condition indeed, being entirely held together by a combination of elephant tape, sellotape,and super-glue, but have to reluctantly concede that its decline is terminal, and as we are are both avid crossword fans (yes retired you will have guessed correctly)we cannot conceive being without our 'Bradford's'. As soon as this review is finished an order will be placed with Amazon for the latest edition.

Being not the 'brightest' crossword 'Johnnies' on the block we need back-up and having tried other 'crossword aid' books and electronic gadgets, we always revert back to Braford's which accompany's us wherever we roam 'crossword solving' internally or externally which is a bit of a bugger when it is left outdoors overnight in the rain - no wonder it's condition has deteriorated.

As far as we are concerned Bradford's is the solver of choice and for all but the most avid of General Knowledge puzzlers, arguably the only one that is needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensible!, 9 Feb 2011
I've just bought a new copy since my last one gave up the ghost after years of service. There really is no better book than this for crossword lovers. Even on-line crossword solvers are no match for this wonderful book.

ARRAY(0xa5044ae0)

Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Dictionary
Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Dictionary by Anne R. Bradford (Hardcover - 3 Sep 2009)
Used & New from: 18.79