5.0 out of 5 stars coming up roses
I totally rate this book. I am a serial buyer of cookery books, and a vegetarian for many years. I enjoy cooking, but usually don't have a lot of time through the week, who does? I think that some vegetarian cookbooks are very labour intensive with ingredients that can be difficult to source, or impractical for the sake of one recipe. Rose Elliots offering is a joy to...
Published on 20 Oct 2010 by madame charred

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost no pictures...
Don't let this book's pictures gallery on Amazon fool you, it only contains pictures for the "here comes a new chapter!"-pages with generic pictures of "salads", "soups", etc. It doesn't have any pictures connected to the actual recipes (except in a few rare cases) so it's not a good book for quickly browsing for inspiration.

The recipes themselves are high...
Published on 10 Nov 2010 by Per Wigren

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 12 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars veggie cooking, 25 Jan 2013
This is a great book for a new vegetarian. Delicious recipes, detailed and easy to follow, persuaded me to try vegetables I've never eaten before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good recipe book, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Rose Elliot's New Complete Vegetarian (Hardcover)
The instructions are clear and the recipes are really tasty but I would prefer a picture of each of the dishes rather than just some.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Rose Elliot's New Complete Vegetarian (Hardcover)
brilliant variety of recipes, bought for my brother at Christmas. He commented he likes the layout use- straight forward good instructions

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended - but as hard copy, not kindle edition, 10 Jan 2013
This is a great book with loads of delicious recipes that I'm going to really enjoy making - but I made the mistake of buying it first as a kindle book. This was no good as there is no easy way to jump around between the pages, so the only way to get to a recipe is to page through the whole book. There isn't even an index other than chapter headings to give you some kind of guidance as to what you're looking for. I really wanted a copy of this book, however, so I then bought a paper copy which resolved these problems, and which I'm very pleased with. A minor niggle is that a few more illustrations would have been welcome. But helpfully, there are suggestions about which recipes to serve together, and cooking instructions for just about any kind of vegetable you can think of. There are even ideas about what to cook when you're too tired to cook. This is such a complete book, I don't think I'll need to buy any further cookbooks in addition to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of recipes, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: Rose Elliot's New Complete Vegetarian (Hardcover)
There's plenty to be getting on with in this book.
There are a wide range of recipes from the very simple to more complex.
There aren't any photographs but I don't feel it detracts from the book as a whole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really complete cookbook!, 5 July 2012
This review is from: Rose Elliot's New Complete Vegetarian (Hardcover)
I just got my amazon mail order of this book, and looked into it, and I must say that I'm quite impressed. There are a lot of different recipes, from the simplest ones to the more sophisticated ones, and the explanations appear quite clear. I remember a review mentioning the lack of pictures in it, but I must admit that though I appreciate a good photography, I've always bought my cookbooks to have some new and challenging recipes, and not for the pictures.

The design/layout is also well-done, and the product appears to be of really good quality.

I'm so looking forward to try one of those mouth-watering recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars cooking without meat, 8 May 2012
This review is from: Rose Elliot's New Complete Vegetarian (Hardcover)
i needed a comprehensive vegetarian cookery book.i found this book very useful and the recipes i have tried so far very good, i would recommend this book to anyone wanting a good vegetarian recipe book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Godsend for new (and old) vegetarians alike, 15 April 2012
This review is from: Rose Elliot's New Complete Vegetarian (Hardcover)
This book lives up to its blurb in that it really is the only vegetarian cookbook that you are likely to need. It will be appreciated by new and experienced vegetarians alike, as the recipes are simple, easy to put together and appropriate to a wide variety of occasions. I can't recommend this book enough - the only slight drawback is that there are relatively few illustrations. Don't let this deter you though - it's the most user-friendly vegetarian cookbook that I know of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 3 Mar 2012
This review is from: Rose Elliot's New Complete Vegetarian (Hardcover)
This book, was given to me for christmas as i have always been an avid cook but recently turned vegetarian. It provides vast, selective and easy recipes for everyday things and more fanciful recipes. With less pictures its far greater value for money than some cook books on the shelfs today, recipes are difficult and enjoyable with many variations provided. Definitely recommend this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rose Elliot's New Complete Vegetarian, 24 Dec 2011
This review is from: Rose Elliot's New Complete Vegetarian (Hardcover)
I have recently been encouraged by my doctor to change to a more plant based diet. I was quite intimidated by the thought of this change but Rose Elliot's New Complete Vegetarian is simplifying the transition. Her recipes are straight-forward and uncomplicated. Her explanations and descriptions are very clear and concise. I've tried several recipes already and they've all worked very well.

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 12 | Next ›

Rose Elliot's New Complete Vegetarian
Rose Elliot's New Complete Vegetarian by Rose Elliot (Hardcover - 4 Mar 2010)
20.00