5.0 out of 5 stars Witches and elves on the run
The most head-scratchingly complex relationship in the Rachel Morgan series has always been between Rachel and Trent.

And after several books of dancing around the topic, Kim Harrison dives headfirst into the respectful-yet-antagonistic relationship in "Pale Demon." Her ninth Rachel Morgan book is a taut, lean thriller with crackling dialogue and some very...
Published on 23 Feb 2011 by E. A Solinas

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok
Published on 25 Sep 2011 by Juju

5.0 out of 5 stars Elf-tastic, 10 Oct 2012
Ms. Theresa M. Derwin (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan 09) (Paperback)
There road a pale demon. In true Western style, each of the Rachel Morgan adventures has a Clint Eastwood/Cowboy themed title, just as Rachel herself is a cowgirl type heroine with attitude.
In this ninth instalment, which still retains pace and originality, Trent, Rachel's frenemy and general pain in the butt, comes to her for her help in completing an elf quest. He needs her to escort him to the West Coast from their home town of Cincinatti to complete his unspecified task. At the same time, Rachel needs to travel to the annual Witches Conference to be judged for her actions in the previous novel and to hopefully be absolved of the use of demon magic. So begins a road trip for an elf, a witch, a pixie and a living vampire. If condemned, Rachel will have to leave reality and life in the ever after with demon Al.
Anticipated so far, there is now a simmering chemistry between Trent and Rachel as they find their way to a compatible business relationship, even a friendship. This is an incredibly enjoyable read and Rachel as always is a very real and well-drawn female character. There are enough open endings to supply another welcome adventure, and more importantly, unlike some urban fantasy, the book is not dependent on Rachel's love life for plot progression or reader satisfaction.
I look forward to reading A Perfect Blood, number ten in the series, which was released 25th Sept 2012. This series continues to grip and entertain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pale demon, 13 Jan 2012
This review is from: Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan 09) (Paperback)
Loved the whole series can't wait for number 10 would recommend this particular series by this author to anyone keen on this genre

4.0 out of 5 stars Rachel Morgan doing her worse or is it best?, 30 Nov 2011
This review is from: Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan 09) (Paperback)
Love Kim Harrison and love this book!

I think this is my favourite book so far!

Really can't wait to read more

5.0 out of 5 stars Kim harrison still at the top of her game, 10 Oct 2011
J. PRITCHETT "jon27" (Cambs. U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan 09) (Paperback)
The latest offering from Kim Harrison is everything I have come to expect from her and proves that she is still at the top of her game.
I hope this is not the last we will ever hear of Rachel Morgan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just gets better, 5 Oct 2011
S. A. Riley (Bolton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan 09) (Paperback)
Been waiting for the next part and it didn't disappoint! Just got to wait for next one now. Ah well back to Mr Patterson!!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok, 25 Sep 2011
This review is from: Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan 09) (Paperback)
I have read all of Kim Harrison's books, and this is probably the first one that I didn't enjoy. Normally I want to read them over and over again, this one didn't do that. I just found the development of Rachel in this book pretty awful and out of character. Some of the feelings she entertained were ridiculously wrong and go all against her heavily stated moral code. It made absolutely no sense why she was willing to skim over what were the horrifying consequences of a plan, just so she could focus on her crush. If you are a kim harrison fan, then I would advise you read it. Hopefully the next book is better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant as usual., 21 Sep 2011
This review is from: Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan 09) (Paperback)
I love this series of books. And this one is no exception. Great plot, fast paced with the usual humour you expect from Kim Harrison. Love the exchange between Rachel and Trent . Highly recommended. A must read

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, My favourite of "The Hallows" to date!, 3 Sep 2011
Sam (South England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan 09) (Paperback)
Not only is Pale Demon my favourite of the nine books in The Hallows series so far, but I would go as far as to say its one of my favourite books ever. I have loved each of The Hallows series but this book has surpassed them all. It grips the reader from start to finish, with a thrilling storyline filled with twists and turns and also fantastic characterisation, all tied together neatly and at the same time moving the series forward as a whole.

The basic premise is that Rachel has three days to get to the annual witches conference to appeal to the Coven of moral and ethical standards to revoke her status of "Black Witch" and remove her shunning.

As well as a gripping plot Harrison uses Pale Demon to show the reader sides of each of the characters that we won't have seen before, revealing motives and reasoning behind why some of them behave the way they do. I personally found myself seeing certain characters in a whole new light, warming to them in a way I didn't think I would.

Her writing style is as quick witted and humerous as always with snappy dialogue and excellent descriptive narrative. A definite must for all fans of the Hallows and would highly recommend that people new to the Hallows pick up Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan 1) (Book one of the hallows) as the entire series is fantastic.

I can't emphasise enough how much I enjoyed this book! You won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 Aug 2011
This review is from: Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan 09) (Paperback)
This is THE book of this series. Ive read all of the Rachel Morgan books and whilst I wont add to the comments above, I was 100% totally gripped from the beginning. So much that I found myself actually missing the characters after I'd turned the last page!

So much happens....... Jenks, Trent, Al, (LOVE Al!), the Coven, Bis, Ku'Sox, Pierce, even Newt and the end is left so open. So many potential storylines to come.

Amazing.

If you havent read the other books, it may be an idea to do so because I think you'll get even more from this novel however, this is a wonderful book on its own. I cant wait for the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Yet, 10 Aug 2011
This review is from: Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan 09) (Paperback)
Just a quick one as i love reading reviews but not writing them.....I LOVED THIS BOOK, don't read if you haven't read the series before but Kim is a brilliant, clever writer and i can't wait for the next and it had best be soon, i hope there is one?

Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan 09)
Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan 09) by Kim Harrison (Paperback - 4 Aug 2011)