4.0 out of 5 stars What have I become?
Rachel Morgan's life is not going well: she's been shunned, she's Al's student, and any kids she has will be demons. And after the fragmented storyline of "White Witch, Black Curse," the eighth book of Kim Harrison's Hollows series slips into a very different style -- explosive action, old enemies, a terrible choice, and a tragic loss.

A simple trip to the...
Published on 4 Mar. 2010 by E. A Solinas

3.0 out of 5 stars A Book Of Two Halves
This is a strange book. It's the 8th book in the Rachel Morgan series. In the books Morgan (a witch) works with Ivy Tamwood (a vampire) and Jenks (a pixie) as she battles the forces of the dark side.

In this book, the witches coven hear that Morgan works with demons to "do down" the baddies and decide that she needs to be reigned in. They tried "shunning her"...
Published on 14 Nov. 2010 by Jamie Bowen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I have loved this series all the way through and this installment ..., 17 July 2014
I have loved this series all the way through and this installment is just as brilliant. How many more ways can Rachel get into trouble?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great...AMAZING, 22 April 2011
This review is from: Black Magic Sanction (Paperback)
THIS IS THE BEST BOOK SERIES EVER. Black magic sanction is a page turner, the only downside is that pierce is in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Aug. 2014
wow, just wow. Kim Harrison never disappoints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best., 12 May 2010
L. Hugill (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Magic Sanction (Paperback)
Fast paced urban fantasy adventure. Page turning action interspersed with emotional scenes that had me in tears.If you've read and enjoyed the rest of the series this book won't disappoint for a moment - I think it's the best of the lot!

3.0 out of 5 stars Could do better, 14 July 2010
Ms. Louise A. Dawes (Shropshire, Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Magic Sanction (Paperback)
Just where is Kim Harrison going with this series?

I've loved the Rachel Morgan series up until the last book, 'White Witch, Black Curse'. Strangley i found myself enjoying this until about 2/3rds of the way through when i found i didn't care what happened, but felt honour bound to finish it.

Now with this book i simply didn't know what Kim Harrison was trying to accomplish. This time when i got 2/3rds of the way through i didn't bother trying to finish. I didn't find out who died- didn't care. Plus, i found myself skimming a lot of the narrative anyway, it just didn't hold my attention.

I just could find the motivations for each character. Ivy has become a cardboard cut out, with no... well no anything. Jenks was just a loud mouthed pixy. The male interest seemed pointless. If Trent has a role left, please tell me what it is! Nick- why was he even in it, unnecessary involvement. Pierce actually had a role to play, and he has some depth to him at least, but i thought was under utilised. Al is always under used, and i think the books would be better if he was in them more. Most importantly, Rachel has bcome just plain boring and whiny. Why do we have to have so much internal angst? Too many internal monolgues in my mind are representative of the author being unable to actually build a character whose feelings and emotions can be read by the reader withour explanation.

Die hard fans will like it, but mine has already gone down the charity shop, along with the rest of the series.

2.0 out of 5 stars It just drags and drags..., 3 Aug. 2010
Kash (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Black Magic Sanction (Paperback)
Although I've not finished this book yet I'm only giving it 2 stars because it just drags for so much of the book. I'm dying to get to the end but only so that I can finish the book and start reading something else!

It's an extrelemely long book with Rachel constantly having the same thoughts (wishes Kiston was there, not going to get involved with Pierce, is Trent good or bad) that are constantly repeated throughout the book - it gets really annoying.

Not one of Kim Harrison's best books and I hope the story can get as good as the earlier books otherwise she needs to put an end to the series.

Overall a big disappointment and I'll be holding off buying the next book until its at a very low price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff., 21 Jun. 2010
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Black Magic Sanction (Paperback)
Fans and readers of Kim's epic series will have been chomping at the bit for this offering. What unfurls is definitely something that will give the reader a real dose of adrenaline as well as allowing them to enjoy the lulls and humour hidden within. It's beautifully written, the characters continue to grow and above all else the tale is one that really adds to what has gone before. Great stuff.

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't understand, 2 Feb. 2013
Ms. K. Hay "Book, Music And Movie Addict" (Scotland, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Magic Sanction (Paperback)
I honestly don't understand why the entire series can be available on Kindle, except this one?
I love this series, and having only recently discovered it, am slowly working my way through it.
I own a kindle for one reason; there is zero storage space in my house, so it saves me having piles of books all over the place. I now have to buy a physical version of this book to keep going with the series, because for some bizarre reason, this one isn't available as an ebook. Even though every other one is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 Sept. 2014
OK

3.0 out of 5 stars much better than the last one, 27 Mar. 2010
I can't remember how I rated the last one but I will give this one three and a half stars as it was definitely better than that one. I could do with less internal dialogue and I don't need everything explained to me, I am quite capable of understanding what's happening and what it all means. And there was too much Pierce in it for my liking, but I really liked the ending :) and overall it was a great improvement on the last book in the series in which I found Rachel very irritating and the book overall was frustrating. Finished it last night.

Book reviewed 28 Feb 2010 on blog

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Black Magic Sanction
Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison (Paperback - 29 April 2010)