5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully presented tome!, 23 Feb 2010
J. Shepherd (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Element Encyclopedia of Vampires (Paperback)
This is my sixth Element Encyclopaedia and possibly the best yet. My others are all the original hardback versions (Witchcraft, 5,000 spells, Magical Creatures, The Psychic World and Secret Societies) and I was initially disappointed that Vampires isn't the same format; however it's a lovely thick (685 pages) book which is the same size/shape as the others - and it's a fascinating read from start to finish. Whether you wish to dip into the entries at random or avidly read it from cover to cover (as I'm doing!) it's packed with info on everything from ancient vampire folklore to the Twilight Saga and everything in between. Well worth buying and I'll be looking at getting hold of some of the other new Element Encyclopaedias, in particular Spirits and Secret Signs and Symbols now that I'm over the hardback v paperback issue!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I wanted and more, 5 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Element Encyclopedia of Vampires (Paperback)
This was much much better than I expected it was going to be. I have been looking for a vampire book like this for months and months, something that would tell me about real vampires (demons, scary fangs, evil bloodsuckers aka not romantic wimpy vegetarian vamps)Even though it does mention Twilight in passing I suppose it is part of vampire culture nowadays.

It has everything I was looking for including brief info on creatures like incubus and mermaids, including all types of folklore. Just everything you could ever want to know about vampires! Being a fan of vampires since I was little I was really pleased with this.

If you like vampires buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Element encylopedia of vampires, 7 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Element Encyclopedia of Vampires (Paperback)
This book is even better than I thought it would be. I have read and watched fiction about vampires, were wolfs etc and was after a book that explained some of the beliefs. Wow! this book covered things so well it made me realise how little I know. Short yet concise explanations, cross reference after each piece and has led me to a whole host of other books and films to watch in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to our collection, 19 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Element Encyclopedia of Vampires (Paperback)
Albeit this is a paperback and the others are hardback it makes the book more useable :) it's a bit tougher than a a standard paperback but definitely not hardback. We're very excited to get stuck into it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fangtastic Reading!, 27 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Element Encyclopedia of Vampires (Paperback)
Being a huge fan of anything to do with vampires, I just had to buy this. I recently took a trip to Whitby admiring the nice view of the abbey from the whale bone. I saw this excact same book in a book shop and it was 20, I thought to myself I'll wait and order it off Amazon as it will be much cheaper. I was right, such a great read. I know I am a big Fang of this book. Many thanks to Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you wanna know 'bout Vampires & much more., 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Element Encyclopedia of Vampires (Paperback)
I am constantly amazed, as an avid reader and collector of the Element Encyclopedias, that there is so much to be written.
I love all the books and have most of them.
I use them for reading about myths and legends. Potions and magic. Full of interesting information and tidbits you never knew you would want to know.
As someone who cant concentrate on long novels, I find these easy to dip in and out of for interesting reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Element Encyclopedia of Vampires (Paperback)
It is a great read. The book is massive & very useful. My partner is writing a book & the insights are very useful to ensure his story is factually correct.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read - worth getting your fangs into, 28 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Element Encyclopedia of Vampires (Paperback)
Really enjoy looking at this book. It contains both historical and more modern information relating to vampires. As it is an encyclopedia it is easy to dip into and out of or just read through as a normal book. The separating divisions between each letter of the alphabet have a interesting picture on each of them of an angel. Hell of a lot of research has gone into this book.

Good layout with some small line drawing pictures to brighten up the text. The cover is rather eye-catching too.

Really pleased with this item.

The Element Encyclopedia of Vampires
The Element Encyclopedia of Vampires by Theresa Cheung (Paperback - 1 Oct 2009)
Used & New from: 10.23