5.0 out of 5 stars A Truly Beautiful Entertaining Cookbook
I've been hoping Rachel would do a book like this for a few years now. Last years book about home cooking was a great book for just that. This one is home cooked food, but geared up a bit for entertaining friends and family. Oh and it's lovely! Gorgeous recipes, pretty layout and really beautiful pictures of food and table settings.

Rachel has a real knack of...
Published on 28 Sep 2010 by KM Cook Book Queen

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice to look at....but dissapointing.
I was rather disappointed with this book.
I had ordered this and the Mary Berry & Lucy Young 'Cook up a feast' book for inspiration when I was planning a casual drinks/supper evening for a group of friends. They are very different books as the Mary Berry volume is really geared up for entertaining for a crowd with no-nonsense friendly guidance and a real 'can do'...
Published on 30 April 2011 by bookshopwanderers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Entertaining at Home (Hardcover)
Great variety of recipes for lots of kinds of events. Occasionally hard to locate specific recipes for certain courses as for example desserts are in each section as opposed to all together in one section but then it does give some great ideas for menu combinations. But I had this from the library for so long I had to buy my own copy as there are so many accessible but special recipes that I have tried and want to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good But Not the Best, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Entertaining at Home (Hardcover)
The book gives clear, workable recipes but probably isn't Rachel's best. Worth buying if you're not familiar with Rachel's work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Book, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Entertaining at Home (Hardcover)
Bought this as gift for my partner. She absolutely loves it and the results she is getting from the recipes contained within are excellent. The book cntains clear instructions is easy to follow and has lovely pictures. I am very pleased with this purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 23 Nov 2012
This review is from: Entertaining at Home (Hardcover)
I just bought this book as a present for someone who likes to entertain at home and I am sure they will love it. I had a quick look at the recipes and in fact I will be buying one for myself. Lovely pictures and some nice recipe ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rachel Allen is a godsend!, 20 Nov 2012
This review is from: Entertaining at Home (Hardcover)
I love this book - well worth buying, and I work in a library! However it is never on the shelf - so popular - that I thought I would buy my own, which is rare for me. Having access to lots of books is great, but this one is a gem. One to read at leisure and pull out in times of crisis!

5.0 out of 5 stars So full of good ness, 6 Sep 2012
This review is from: Entertaining at Home (Hardcover)
A glorious book about home recipes written with love and humour.Racheal is a un pretentious chef with lovely ideas that enhance your table and intrigue your guests.A lot of thought and ideas have been put in without complicating the preparation.She has a lovely homely friendly welcoming touch that wants you to follow her wonderful recipes.She is down to earth and her recipes are heavenly,A freindly lady with a lovely book and gorgeous food.A must buy.Keep it up Racheal.You put a smile on our faces as we cook your lovely recipes.A big thanks,

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining at Home, 19 Aug 2012
This review is from: Entertaining at Home (Hardcover)
This is a versatile book that contains lots of easy to do recipes. I have tried a few recipes for my dinner parties and received rave reviews. Another beautiful book from Rachel.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average cooking book with a few lovely recipes, 22 April 2012
This review is from: Entertaining at Home (Hardcover)
There are a few lovely recipes in here , but most of the one's I have tried lack that special quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a gem!, 12 Jan 2012
This review is from: Entertaining at Home (Hardcover)
This cookbook contains a wealth of entertaining basics and extras that make cooking and entertaining easy and delicious! I've only had the book a few weeks, but have tried a handful of recipes that have pleased everyone at the table. It's GREAT for remembering that even when it's just two of you and the kids are off to college and on their own, it only takes a little extra effort to make a meal special...and romantic. Rachel's recipes are also easy to adapt if you don't have the exact ingredients on hand. This book is a true gem! I bought a second one for my dear friend so we can explore together!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book - Great Price, 1 April 2011
This review is from: Entertaining at Home (Hardcover)
I have a couple of Rachel Allen's books already and I love the recipes that are in them, so I thought I'd give this book a try. It's great, loads of ideas for dinner parties both casual and formal. All the food in her books can be easily bought at the supermarket and the recipes are easy to follow. A couple of them look a bit challenging but there are pictures of what it's supposed to look like - which always helps!

ARRAY(0xabe18fe4)

Entertaining at Home
Entertaining at Home by Rachel Allen (Hardcover - 30 Sep 2010)
17.24