5.0 out of 5 stars Best Purchase for getting around
This is an essential item for negotiating your way around London. Excellent detail and illustrations of landmarks very helpful. We bought 3 maps and this one was by far the most useful.
Published on 11 Sep 2009 by K. Colleran

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but limited coverage
Published on 12 Jan 2011 by Simon Raistrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Purchase for getting around, 11 Sep 2009
K. Colleran - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but limited coverage, 12 Jan 2011
Simon Raistrick (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Discovering London Illustrated Map (Map)
I've lived in London for 15 years and bought this mainly for the shop listing on Oxford street, but lso just to remind me of all the great stuff there is to do in London. This listing is OK, it tells you the names of the shops, with a key saying what the shops sell. Lots of streets covered too which was a nice surprise. No coverage of the big shopping centres though e.g. Westfield.

The main map coverage is pretty poor - it doesn't even go as far North as Euston and King Cross, but yet it covers Earl's Court - go figure! No Canary Whaarf either, which although not unexpected does miss a trick. The central tourist sights are good though, and the comments are great in that they're unusually informative e.g. Brick Lane = "Over 20 restaurants, generally competing on price rather than quality" - useful (and accurate) information indeed. It comes in a fold out format, which works just fine if you know how to fold a map, and I find this more useful becuase on the A-Z I spend half my time working out what page I should be on, and find it hard to get a picture of e.g. 'what's within a 10 minute walk of here'. The scale is pretty small though and the text faint-ish, so reading in the street can be a bit of a challenge especially in the winter half-light.

Summary: Good but limited coverage. Worth getting but I hope they improve the next issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars First stay in London, 12 Jun 2011
This review is from: Discovering London Illustrated Map (Map)
I had my nose in this map continuously and found it invaluable not only to get my bearings but to look out for all the places I wanted to see. it was my first trip to London with my grandson and I also wanted to make sure that he got the best out of the visit as well. This illustrated map helped us both make the best of our brief stay.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful tourist friendly map, 26 Aug 2009
This review is from: Discovering London Illustrated Map (Map)
This map is AWESOME! It shows bus routes as well as prominate places of interest. I am so glad I will have it for our vacation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 Nov 2012
This review is from: Discovering London Illustrated Map (Map)
This little map really helped us get around London. It is very well illustrated and accurate. I did loads of planning before our 5 day trip. I downloaded apps on how to get around such as the underground and buses. A lot of prep for a successful and fun packed stay is required for London. The map showed where all the landmarks, undergrounds, shops, theatres, half price ticket booths etc. This map certainly played its part in my brilliant trip together with the apps. Well worth it and highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars London map, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Discovering London Illustrated Map (Map)
This was a godsend when we where in London last February. So easy to read which is unsual for me and maps.

5.0 out of 5 stars useful, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Discovering London Illustrated Map (Map)
was really easy to read and helped us to navigate easily around london incudes an underground map which was helpful and was small enough to keep in ur bag well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Great map, 24 Aug 2012
L. Crowe (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Discovering London Illustrated Map (Map)
This is a brilliant map which is beautifully illustrated and easy to read. I found it very easy to fold and unfold and it fits nicely into a handbag or pocket. I looked at all of the london maps on the market and this is definitely the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Discovering london, 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Discovering London Illustrated Map (Map)
We found this book to be so easy to use and it certainly helped us to find our way around london

3.0 out of 5 stars Collins Discovering London Map., 14 Sep 2010
This review is from: Discovering London Illustrated Map (Map)
This is a comrehensive, double-sided map cleverly detailed but not ideal for outdoor use. Because of its large opened-size, much better for table-top use.
JAW Northwood.

Discovering London Illustrated Map
Discovering London Illustrated Map by Collins (Map - 28 May 2009)
Used & New from: 3.79