on 4 April 2012
I enjoyed this book and found the variation in degrees of difficulty well balanced. There were some that could hardly be classed as 'difficult', especially early in the book, but the degree of difficulty gently increased to become more challenging (without ever being too far beyond my experience). An annoyance was the lack of attention to detail, which should not occur in a title sanctioned by 'The Times'. On several occasions the 'answers' (the correct puzzles at the back) were completely muddled in their numbering. This only becomes apparent when I've made a mistake and need to check which numbers are correct. To find that you first have to search for the correct puzzle is unacceptable - whatever happened to basic proof reading?
on 23 August 2012
I have bought the same volume over the years as I enjoy Su Duko at this level and I enjoy the way the puzzles are compiled and the quality of the print. However I have never come across such sloppy editing in my life. The puzzle answers are a puzzle in themselves. A great chunk of the answers to not relate to their appropriate puzzles.
I admit to requiring the answers sometimes...
VINE VOICEon 9 April 2009
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I was able to do a couple each day before bed and found them (mostly) solvable and (sometimes) too hard.

It's hard to categorise because my "easy" could be your "impossible!", but if you're past the sudokus for children (fundoku?) and if you're not up to the "fiendish" category, this is the one for you!

I must admit, though, Carol Voordeman's "how to" book was a great intro to this kind of puzzle.

All in all, an excellent and entertaining book. Plenty of space around the puzzles for working out and excellent quality paper. Recommended!
on 28 June 2014
There are at least 11 puzzles with mistakes in them, and that is up to page 182, Surely these are checked before printing and sent out to purchasers.
on 4 April 2014
This book would be useful for people who want to start slightly more difficult sudoko. Useful strategies are explained in the introduction which increase one's skills. However, the puzzles are not as challenging as other books in the series. I still enjoy them. Have just bought Book 7.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 February 2016
These books are excellent value for money, giving many hours of enjoyment. A really good workout for your brain.
on 30 April 2013
Original owner had only done two or three puzzles already in the book making it very good value second hand.
on 22 July 2013
I love Su Doku. I find that The Times difficult puzzles are the ones that are best suited to me.
on 3 December 2009
This was a very disappointing purchase. I enjoy the challenge of difficult sudoku, but this volume is not at all challeging and the inclusion of 'difficult' in the title is a clear misnomer. These puzzles are at best of moderate difficulty, requiring little or no thought.
on 23 April 2016