5.0 out of 5 stars Fiendish Su Doku 2
Published on 28 Nov 2009 by R. J. Hole

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Fiendish
I am very disappointed by this book. I've reached puzzle 150 without using any advanced solving techniques at all. If you want truly fiendish sudoku, I recommend Wayne Gould's books.
Published on 22 April 2010 by Sue Doku

5.0 out of 5 stars Fiendish Su Doku 2, 28 Nov 2009
R. J. Hole (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Times: Fiendish Su Doku Book 2: Bk. 2 (Sudoku Syndication) (Paperback)
Another great collection. The difficulty seems similar to the first Fiendish collection and the same format of 180 Fiendish and 20 Super Fiendish. The puzzles get harder as you progress through the book. That may seem odd if you expect all Fiendish to be similar but it's true. Approaching puzzle number 150 I was thinking it had been fairly straightforward so far with no triples. Then on puzzle 150 I noted the first one, an open triple. I noted another triple on puzzle 153.

I have been doing the Fiendish and Super Fiendish puzzles that appear in The Times at the end of each week. The ones in the paper almost always seem a lot easier than the ones that appear later in this book.

If you are thinking "why should I buy this book if I can get my fix with the harder puzzles that appear in the paper (which I can get from the website if I don't want to buy a paper)?" then think again. If you are up for the challenge, some of the Fiendish in this book are harder than the Super Fiendish in the paper. As for the Super Fiendish, they do live up to their name!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Fiendish, 22 April 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Times Fiendish Su Doku Bk 2, 20 May 2009
"does what it says on the tin!" This is keeping my husband quiet for hours - great book, hope number 3 comes along soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeping the grey matter from turnig black., 2 Mar 2010
Mrs. Eileen Skivington (clackmannanshire,scotland) - See all my reviews
My son bought both my husband and I a copy of The Times fiendish Sudoku as he couldn't stand us copying out the grids to try the same one on wee scrappy bits of paper with squiggly lines. That was brilliant thinking and has kept us happy through many a long wait in airport terminals.That was about a year ago and we have now sadly finished the book.(Dont do it every by the way) What joy when we discovered there were books 2 and 3! Who cares if the plane is delayed anymore!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fiendish but great fun Su Doku, 12 Oct 2010
For anyone that likes Su Doku but finds the normal issue a little to easy, this is the book for you. Plenty of great puzzles (with answers at the back) and 20 really sticky ones at the end. Great value for money and a real challenge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practise makes perfect, 15 Sep 2010
Great Book and swift delivery.
After several yaers of practice I am up to this level now and striking over 80 percent.
I get a real workout solving these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Fiendish at all, 30 Dec 2013
If you are an experienced Sudoku fan, then don't bother with this book. The first handful of puzzles are hard-ish, but the degree of difficulty drops off considerably after that. By number 30 they are at a standard that can only be called easy. My wife has commandeered the book and is now finishing the puzzles at a rate of about 2-3 minutes each.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fiendish Su Doku, 8 Jan 2014
These books arrived within the stated time. which was excellent. They were packaged well, and certainly the title is a good description. They kept two men well occupied over the Christmas festivities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout for the brain., 21 Oct 2013
The super fiendish ones at the end are incredibly tough. Call for lateral thinking and 4D systems thinking. Some are so good that they take days to solve. Read 'em and weep in some cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars So fiendish!, 4 Oct 2013
S. Semple (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Fantastic. So may of these books are easy - not this one. Finished the first book, still struggling with this one but about to buy no. 3 so I have it on hand for when I do.

The Times: Fiendish Su Doku Book 2: Bk. 2 (Sudoku Syndication)
The Times: Fiendish Su Doku Book 2: Bk. 2 (Sudoku Syndication) by The Times Mind Games (Paperback - 5 Feb 2009)