on 30 May 2012
The book is quite slim but you would probably expect this for the price paid. There isn't much varied activity for the child, and can feel quite boring.
An average book to aid your child to write but nothing exciting.
on 14 August 2015
My 3 year old son and I have bought a bunch of these books. We started with this one as all the rest required that they can write numbers etc. It's great because there are exercises at the beginning designs to build up his hand eye coordination and fine motor skills with a pen before even starting to write, which makes sense when you think about it. I'm an ex teacher and I'm very happy with these books. He will blow his pre school teacher in September!
on 4 December 2013
just a tip is to use tracing paper so that your child can do the exercises over and over again. My 3 year old loved it but got through it in no time. Highly recommended
on 28 March 2015
This book has really encouraged my son to enjoy learning to write. It has given me a helping hand in what I would otherwise consider a very daunting task of encouraging him to form letters and patterns when he has previously not shown any interest whatsoever.
on 11 January 2013
For what it is worth it is as it say very basic and that all I can say about this book. This book is 50p cheaper in waterstone book shop and 99p in the ABC education centre. Gorden Percy (11/01/2013) Greenock
on 21 November 2014
Good product at a great price. My wife uses this with our 5 yr. old and his confidence is growing each day with his writing. In fact, they other day, he came home from school, calmly but his bag down, turned the
T.V on to watch cartoons and reminded us that his "learning writing" would start at the prescribed time of 6pm!
on 27 August 2013
I have really struggled to get my 5 year old to practice writing over the holidays. He loved this although did finish it very quickly. I think the fact that he found it easy certainly helped and boosted his confidence.
on 8 March 2014
My 4 year old enjoyed this book. Took 2-3 20 minute sessions to finish it. Good practice for learning to write letters.
on 25 August 2013
Bought this book for my grandson when he was 4 years old and it certainly helped in preparing him for writing and school. He absolutely loved completing the whole book and it kept him really well occupied. He was a very intelligent child and I am sure it gave him a really good start at school. I have now bought the same book for my 3 year old granddaughter who is extremely bright and I know she will love it too.
on 4 November 2009
I bought this for my 5 year old daughter who has been at school a year but is struggling with her writing. She really enjoyed it and the arrows on the letters did help her think about her letter formation but there is not enough space to practice the letters so it becomes redundant quite quickly.