Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 4 March 2009
Gok is great and i love his attitude on tv to make people feel good about themselves but this book feels like a cash in on fame, it is interesting to a degree but it is all pictures and hardly any writing. It feels Goks imput was small and it will date easily. It is a real shame and i hoped for more from Gok. He could do a wonderful fashion and style book if he really was determined. I like him a lot.
A relative has now got my book and likes it a lot more than me though.
on 28 November 2008
I bought this book in the hope it would breathe new life into my wardrobe and give me some recession-busting ideas centred around clothes I already have instead of buying new pieces. However despite its pretty packaging and lovely layout, the glossy pages unfortunately fail to deliver any particularly useful advice and the inspiration I was looking for never really materialised. I found most of the book consisted of either basic fashion advice I didn't really need, wacky combinations I wouldn't be seen dead in (and in case you are wondering, I am in my twenties and a size 10), and things that are not applicable to me right now (eg the section on how to dress during pregnancy).

Although I picked out one or two tips, I didn't feel that the book was worth the money. Most of the fashion advice it contains you would probably have picked up already from reading a few fashion magazines. Also, the book appears to have been released in time for Christmas but with this in mind, perhaps the publishers should have given more thought to its title - I don't think many people would be too impressed to unwrap a book entitled 'How To Dress'....
on 27 December 2008
This book was given to me as a gift - seeing as i occasionally watch the show i thought the book might be right up my street. It wasn't. Not one line doesn't address the reader as 'gorgeous girl' or 'sexy lady.' If people need to be spoken like that CONTINUALLY they need therapy not a style guide and it just comes across as patronising embellishment. To be honest, the things he mentions about style seem pretty self explanatory - certainly nothing ground breaking. However seeing as im only in my late teens, i get the impression that the book might be aimed at older women, eeing as it does have a section for mothers. Certainly not for younger women.
on 15 March 2009
I bought this book because I was really hoping to learn more about how I can improve my style. I was so disappointed because it seems to be aimed at the under 30s and this wasn't made at all clear.

It features young, beautiful models with great figures who are bound to look good in anything.

It doesn't address different body shapes, esp those with difficult shapes (I am an "apple" shape so have real problems) and it doesn't deal with the more mature of us - 40s, 50s, 60s, etc.

All in all I am very disappointed with this purchase.
on 12 February 2009
I am sorry I puchased this! I like Gok and am an avid viewer of his TV series "How to look good naked". However the book is ill devised in that its seems to be entertainment rather than informative. I an a Trinny & Susannah reader and this book compared to thiers is childs play.
on 29 January 2009
This book is a disappointment. I was expecting a step by step guide but got a picture book. No real tips here. Loved the series hate the book. Sorry Gok
on 4 December 2008
I have loved Gok's shows, and bought his previous books, and been a big fan; he treats women like individuals, he helps their confidence, and his gentle reassuring style is really helpful. So why oh why did he write this condescending childish book? It seems to be aimed at a very specific early twenties funky social butterfly, which is a very small market that I am not a member of. To say I am disappointed would be a major understatement. I know we all run out of ideas, but the trick is to quit while you are ahead and leave your audience wanting more, which sadly has escaped Gok. Sorry Gok, but my tip is to bypass this book, and keep the love.
A christmas gift from a friend who knows I love Gok's TV programme. What a load of cod's wallop! I'm 40+, 5 5, dress to suit my size 14 hour glass figure. These styles were mostly mid thigh teen mag lookalikes with some very boring safe classics. And what's the point of using 4 gorgeous long-legged lovelies as models - let's face it, black bin liners would look good on those pretty things. I'll go back to my good old Trinny & Sue bible - they may be infinitely less likeable in the flesh, but their book's a heck of a lot more useful and waay less irritating. Sorry Gok babe, I hope it made you lots of dosh but it's tripe!
on 22 October 2008
I think this is very practical. Split into sections for each occasion and several different styles to suit all body shapes. Ok maybe for the older lady it might seem a bit young but if you read it and look at all the styles you will see that it is moving on from his first book. We know our body shape and what suits it, so let's dress it for each occasion, also he gives advice on how to update clothes you already have! 10 out of 10. Gok rocks!
on 29 November 2008
This book is exactly the sort of thing you'd expect from Gok: wonderful if slightly quirky outfits, and lots of positive "girlfriend" style comments and introductions.
I love it! Complements spill from the pages, along with great outfit ideas, explanations, fashionable twists and some makeup advice... the pictures are really helpful and well done, and give loads of good outfit ideas for all occasions!
A really good feature is the list of which shops the clothes came from, although I don't think that you can find them in stock any more.

All in all, thoroughly recommended to Gok lovers.