4.0 out of 5 stars Getting better all the time.
Published on 18 Feb 2009 by Mr. M. Allington

2.0 out of 5 stars No multiplication or division
Although I enjoyed the first Ken Ken book, the puzzles in the second only involve addition and subtraction making them much less challenging. This is not made clear in the product description.
Published on 27 Dec 2008 by rickyk

2.0 out of 5 stars No multiplication or division, 27 Dec 2008
rickyk (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Times: KenKen Book 2: The New Brain-training Puzzle Phenomenon: Bk. 2 (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars No puzzles with multiplication or division, 9 Mar 2009
Philip Stewart (London, UK) - See all my reviews
The puzzles only have addition and subtraction, which is a bit of a let down. I would have preferred to have had at least some of the puzzles contain multiplication and division. Some of the fiendish puzzles are reasonably challenging though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting better all the time., 18 Feb 2009
Mr. M. Allington (Wirral, England.) - See all my reviews
Some people don`t like the lack of multiplication or division in the newer Ken Ken books but for me it`s a vast improvement. The problem with the problems was that the answers to the multiplication and division sections were always blindingly obvious and filled in 50% of the grid with no sweat. Now that the puzzle design has been perfected you can bend your head round a few decent puzzles and you still don`t have to be Stephen Hawking to finish them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as book 1, 2 Sep 2012
I bought this book after thoroughly enjoying the first book in the series. To my disappointment it didn't have any multiplication or devision, which made it less fun in my opinion. Also, the puzzles are not in order of difficulty.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as promoted, 19 Jan 2012
The front cover pictures shows a KenKen puzzle with multiplication, division, subtraction and addition. As I was new to this type of puzzle, I didn't notice as I flipped through that ALL the puzzles are only addition and subtraction. It wasn't until after I completed the first dozen or so that I noticed there was a lack of diversity. I don't know if the others in this series are the same, but book #2 certainly is!

3.0 out of 5 stars beefing up the brain, 14 Aug 2009
I found this book contained too many simple puzzles which did not tax my brain especially after completing book 1.
Perhaps on the outer cover it could have given the range of squares eg between 4 and 6.
I would not buy a book in the future with any 4 squares as they are much too simple,I need more of a challenge and would have prefered 7 and 8 squares.

The Times: KenKen Book 2: The New Brain-training Puzzle Phenomenon: Bk. 2