4.0 out of 5 stars Good for A Level study of Sociology
I found this textbook very helpful when studying Sociology, the text is very clear and it is very well designed. My Sociology teacher asked us which textbook we'd prefer out of this one and another and an overwhelming majority chose this one. I think it is an excellent textbook and I managed to get an A, so it definitely can't be that bad :)
Published on 16 Aug. 2011 by Kirsty Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for mass media only!
Published on 16 Oct. 2012 by Bogira94

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for A Level study of Sociology, 16 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Collins A Level Sociology - Sociology A2 for AQA (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for mass media only!, 16 Oct. 2012
After being very disappointed with the as version of this book i didn't use it for the exam but tried to give the a2 one ago with an open mind. The information it offers is correct however is far too vague and over looks the very important AO2 points offering one or 2 at best. Some of the information included in the book isn't even relevant at all (especially in the crime and deviance topic) however the book does offer key words and essay questions. Overall I would recommend the Kieth Trobe and Ken Brown book over this because it truly is a waste of time and money.

****UPDATE****

The mass media section for this book is very good, considering there are very few reources in this topic. The book is worth buying for this section alone as it has lots of detailed information and offers you many potential essay questions with tips on how to boost your grade. For this alone the book is worth getting, however if your centre does not sit the mass media topic then you should just stik to this A2 Sociology: The Complete Course for the AQA Specification (Napier Press) instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 9 Mar. 2013
This book got me through Sociology, without it I definitely would have failed. Thanks to this book I have got straight A's in my A-Levels, it tells you absolutely everything you need to know about the syllabus and I strongly recommend this book over and other A2 Sociology book on sale.

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 20 Mar. 2013
This book was extremely disappointing. I used it for the Crime unit and the Media unit. The information was too vague, but the pages were extremely cluttered and laid out poorly. My advice would be to save the £20 and find another book- this really isn't worth it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 11 Mar. 2011
I bought this book and used it to self teach in preperation for the exam. it was very helpfull although missing a methodology section. However thankfully passed 5 marks from a B

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and efficient, 1 Oct. 2010
The book arrived quickly after I ordered it and the book was in good condition. Thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compliments things learnt within the subject, 23 Sept. 2009
I would very much like to have an excellent grade in sociology and so I brought and read reviews on as many resources I could find. This is a good study guide, but I find on several occasions it lacks vital information. The notes I take from my sociology lessons (I'm studying crime and deviance, power and politics, theory and methods) rather than this book regurgitating what I have studied within lesson, complimenting it with additional information and elaborating. I have placed it 4 stars simply because this may or may not be beneficial depending on how your sociology course is and teaching methods if you are a student. Don't rely on this book for fully detailed topics. Hope I helped!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book! Plenty of A01 and A02 sections needed, 22 Dec. 2014
Great book! Plenty of A01 and A02 sections needed. I recommend the Brown book too so you can get notes from both textbooks and make sense of what the concepts mean in terms of A01 points.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 28 Sept. 2014
Louise Taylor (Seoul, South Korea) - See all my reviews
So far I have used this to complete my assignments for the Unit 3 module on Mass Media, the information is clearly laid out and easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars FOR MY SON, 30 Oct. 2013
I ORDERED THIS FOR MY SON FOR COLLEGE, IT CAME IN VERY USEFUL, HAD TO ORDER IT ONLINE AS ALL SOLD OUT IN SHOPS

Collins A Level Sociology - Sociology A2 for AQA
Collins A Level Sociology - Sociology A2 for AQA by Steve Chapman (Paperback - 20 April 2009)