5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful
I picked up this book in our local library half-heartedly. When I got in home I was drawn in by its easy style. I am one of many from that 'lost generation' who learned no formal grammar at school. This book at once got me interested and I realised that it isn't too late or difficult to learn.

I thought I might see what my ten year old daughter made of it and...
Published on 21 April 2006 by Meldorf

2.0 out of 5 stars Never a reference book!
Although this book seems to contain the essential information about the punctuation, it is well scattered over 170 pages with no sensible contents and written as a fiction book. You can read it for pleasure, but not to learn something or to use as a reference.
Published 11 months ago by Alexander

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 21 April 2006
This review is from: Collins Good Grammar (Paperback)

I thought I might see what my ten year old daughter made of it and was surprised when she found it as compulsive reading as I had.

This book is comprehensive without being overwhelming.

Of course we now have our own copy.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Witty and Lucid Refresher Course in Grammar, 10 Mar 2011
John Dexter - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Improve Your Grammar (Paperback)
Anyone familiar with the One Hour Wordpower series of the 1990s will appreciate the skill and wit that Graham King brought to his work; undoubtedly, Improve Your Grammar preserves King's reputation as a funny and lucid communicator.

As an aid to revising long-forgotten grammatical ability, this is a fine text that will help restore former skills quickly and King's quirky style and, at times, bawdy humour makes the experience thoroughly enjoyable. However, as an introductory text to English, the book is less successful: a dearth of self-assessment tests and an absence of grammar drills deprive readers of opportunities to practise newly acquired skills and thus, consolidate knowledge.

For those learning English as a second language or beginning their education in English, there are more suitable alternatives: for the rest of us, this is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Explains the most complex points succinctly, 20 Jan 2010
This review is from: Collins Improve Your Grammar (Paperback)
Having just started teaching English as a second language, I needed a grammar book to brush up on the basics. I tried a few others, and whilst the others weren't bad, this made everything considerably easy. I'd definitely recommend this book if you'd like to improve your grammar.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written guide to grammar, 29 Jun 2009
This review is from: Collins Improve Your Grammar (Paperback)
This book is very well written and easy to read. The only reason why I didn't give it maximum stars is that it could do with more examples for some of the more complex terms. Having said that, I doubt you will find a better book on the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Grammar makes good grammar., 20 Jun 2008
This review is from: Collins Good Grammar (Paperback)
I highly recommend this book. It covers all the grammar and punctuation rules you'll need, broken down into simple, logical steps. The content seems comprehensive and I'm sure it would be a useful and interesting read for those of any writing ability. You can work through from cover to cover if you wish, making use of the little exams at the end of each chapter to test your knowledge, or you can simply use it as a reference to fill in the gaps. The benefits of this book far outweigh any worries you should have about admitting your grammar weaknesses, and improving upon them. I did get a little stick on lunch breaks at work for reading this, but that was all worth it now I'm using verbs, adjectives and semi-colons like a pro!

I'm struggling to think of any shortcomings this book has. The only downside I can see is that the formatting inside may be a little too cute and 'kiddish' for some adults, although obviously a benefit if you're actually a child.

5.0 out of 5 stars improve your grammer, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: Collins Improve Your Grammar (Paperback)
Wow this book is a must for anyone who wants to show that they can speak the English language as it should be spoken.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful!, 4 Feb 2011
This review is from: Collins Improve Your Grammar (Paperback)
Very easy read, the book suggests clever tricks to remember grammar rules. Felt more connfident about my English after reading it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Collins Improve Your Grammar (Paperback)
Wonderful value.Clear concise and an absolute God send. A must have for anyone taking exams , GCSE'S and A levels

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and quite good for reference, 7 Aug 2013
PD (The Gulf) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Improve Your Grammar (Paperback)
Explains grammar with easy to follow examples, goes into detail on some aspects and has a good index. Better and easier to use than some more 'thorough' grammar books. A nice size to fit into your bag too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for anyone who gets thinks grammar can be rather mind boggling, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Collins Improve Your Grammar (Paperback)
Brilliant and excellent value for money. I would highly recommend parents buying this book for their children who are studying for their exams.

Collins Improve Your Grammar
Collins Improve Your Grammar by Graham King (Paperback - 5 Feb 2009)
5.24