5.0 out of 5 stars Whay hay!!!!!
Liked it. Nice pics,interesting words, great interviews. All I expected. Will add to the collection of M and W material I've got. If you like these comedians, or like British comedy.....or both, then you'll enjoy owning this book. Got a nice expensive feel to it...quality!
Published on 23 Nov 2009 by PJO

2.0 out of 5 stars a good book spoiled by the way it is presented for Kindle
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Whay hay!!!!!, 23 Nov 2009
This review is from: You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone: The life and work of Eric Morecambe (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars we certainly do miss him.... Eric Morecambe the one and ONLY, 8 Jun 2014
Carl De Rome - See all my reviews
well its 30 years since John Eric Bartholomew passed away, one of the greatest parts of a UK comedy act ever
and what a book this is..... if you like Morecambe and Wise in particular Erik you will love this book

2.0 out of 5 stars a good book spoiled by the way it is presented for Kindle, 16 Mar 2014
I was looking forward to reading this book as, like so many, I am a great fan of Morecambe & Wise. However the very poor presentation on my Kindle really spoiled it for me. Many many pages (most in fact) had lines split in two I appropriately, slowing the flow of the writing. Paragraphs were also split like this. Justification was all over the place. In one case the page was straight on the right hand side and uneven on the left. I frequently found myself wanting to sort it, but of course I could not. Had it been a free book it could just have been acceptable but as one which was over £6 it is not.
This is not to say the book itself was bad, but I knowI have not enjoyed it as much as I would have had it been properly presented. Indeed I felt a sense of relief when I finished it. I was really disappointed and would not recommend it to any of my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Autobiography, 17 Nov 2013
Loved it. Was in condition as it was second hand and it was a good buy good buy and arrived in very quick time. Have no issues what so ever. Enjoyed reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 13 Aug 2013
Very amusing and insightful and well written book about one of the greats. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It is good it was by a relative.

3.0 out of 5 stars Been There Before, 15 Oct 2012
For any fan of Eric Morecambe this title is probably worth a read, but having read a few other books on the same subject, I can't help but think that I've seen all of this before.
This being another title written by Morecambe's adopted son - Gary - on the same subject, I believe that whilst the book delivers a few interesting pieces, it's probably time that Morecambe jnr. finally stopped living off the back of his father's fame, and brought out a new title about somebody completely different.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed fan, 11 May 2012
The mistake I made was to think that this book was a biography - it's not, it's a tribute. The book is an eclectic mix of biographical material and anecdotes from people who knew Eric, some of which are quite trivial - I still don't understand why the author felt that a photograph of Eric with his mother's elderly neighbour on her one and only visit to Eric's house in Harpenden should be included. Anyway... if you're looking for a biography of Eric's life and works this is not the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone, 8 Feb 2010
Good book, good delivery. However the date of despatch it says the date is June 2010 and January 2010.

5.0 out of 5 stars Morecambe, 9 Dec 2009
Glord (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
One of the only things about Eric Morecambe my daughter hasn't got. Looking forward to giving it as a present

You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone: The life and work of Eric Morecambe
You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone: The life and work of Eric Morecambe by Gary Morecambe (Hardcover - 15 Oct 2009)
Used & New from: £0.01