5.0 out of 5 stars Loved, Loved, Loved
I totally loved this book. I was really gutted when the label closed and this book shows me why. Luella shows the thought, time and research that went into her collections and her inspirations in life and in her art. I am a MASSIVE Luella fan and have the wardrobe to prove it but I think there is a lot of inspiration for anyone who is a bit left of field...
Published on 23 Oct 2010 by JJ

2.0 out of 5 stars Irritating Author
Never before have I found myself irritated by the author of a book. This is new!

Luella was originally a journalist. I would suggest that she is more suited to this kind of writing as her book is highly repetitive and could be summed up in a couple of pages. Essentially ,it appears to be a self-indulgent, egocentric rant about her own personal obsession with...
Published on 14 Feb 2011 by Emma

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing something I won't be giving away., 13 Jan 2011
This review is from: Luella's Guide to English Style (Hardcover)
This book is amazing. Its something that I won't be giving away (something I normally do after reading my books unless super special) It is a wonderful guide too fashion and it is lovely to see how unique English fashion is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read.., 8 Nov 2010
A. Boulton "moochi" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Luella's Guide to English Style (Hardcover)
I bought this book thinking it would give me loads of ideas on what to wear, how to pair things etc. It's not like that at all, its better, more of a story book of english fashion through a womans life. Almost finished and really enjoying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read for anyone who loves English style, 31 Jan 2011
This review is from: Luella's Guide to English Style (Hardcover)
I love London and was so excited to read about English style in a more insightful way as did Luella. It has kind of enciclopedian revews of main English style decades. Also it can be clearly seen how she loves her "english birds" as she called English women. All parts where she describes certain style have photos so you can try to understand what does she means. At the end of the book there is a list of her favourite and recommended shops. I also love that she is not only just praising english style but worry about its future. The book itself made of very thick paper, I love the sence of it's pages and it's pleasant for your eyes to read it if you understand what I mean ) It has a bright pink rubber band which holds pages unread in place, so you don't need separate bookmark.
As for me, I love to read more book on England and it's past and present and this one is a gem in my collection!
Hope this review is helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect present for someone with style, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Luella's Guide to English Style (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a gift for my friend who absolutely loves it. A great book filled with lovely ideas and illustrations tat you can dip in and out of. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 6 Dec 2010
This review is from: Luella's Guide to English Style (Hardcover)
I bought this book to read on holiday and once I started it, scarcely put it down. The book is witty and relevant. However, if you are under 35, you may not find the reference points as humerous as the over 35's who have first hand experience of much of the subject matter.

I will defnitely read the book again and love the section at the end dedicated to "where to shop".

Excellent purchase!

2.0 out of 5 stars A book for an English audience, 19 May 2011
This review is from: Luella's Guide to English Style (Hardcover)
The book is well presented and written with a lot a wit but i guess it resonates more with a british audience. I was also expecting tips but it is more of an analysis of the quirks of english style.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab book and the battered appearance is part of its charm, 24 Nov 2010
E Wall (Nuremberg) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Luella's Guide to English Style (Hardcover)
I was a bit upset when this book arrived as it was for a friend for her christmas present. The book was worn around the edges quite badly and I considered taking it back before I thought it was probably part of the design- an ol' english tome! The book contents look like a fabulous read. I can't wait for my friend to read it so I can borrow it or I may just have to get my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luella's guide to English Style, 6 Jan 2012
This review is from: Luella's Guide to English Style (Hardcover)
I opted to purchase a 'used' version of this book; to save pennies in these austere times. I was not at all disappointed - it was almost like brand new, with very slight marking to the front cover. I don't think my daughter was even aware of the 'used' status. Delivery was quick and the book was well packaged. A happy customer.

3.0 out of 5 stars good to dip into, 5 Dec 2010
This review is from: Luella's Guide to English Style (Hardcover)
When the book arrived I was disappointed to see the fabric cover very worn and scruffy, I was going to return it but in the meantime spotted it in the local bookshop and realised they all look like this - massive shame as it could have been so nice. Not sure why they don't have a realistic image of it on amazon. I was excited to receive this book because I'm a fan of the Luella label and I did enjoy reading through it but I won't be buying it as a gift as planned because it just doesn't look special enough.

Luella's Guide to English Style
Luella's Guide to English Style by Luella Bartley (Hardcover - 14 Oct 2010)
20.00