5.0 out of 5 stars 4 stones, 4 months
From reading this book in May and adopting most of the principles within it I have gone on to lose 4 stone in as many months and feel better than i have in years. The book is very informative yet easy to read and something about the way it is written makes you want to take heed and actually cut out many foods from your diet (something I never thought I could do!!). I...
Published on 18 July 2006 by Jinjans

3.0 out of 5 stars ok kick start
Not a bad down to earth eye opener, some v.good juice recipes included, hits the spot to get you into the whole new lifestyle and juiced up, if you do start juicing, one bit of advice, if you are serious use a machine that presses the fruit/vegetables (auger type) as you get a far superior juice and better yield and the juice is amazing and less aerated, you also use less...
Published on 9 Aug. 2007 by Hard Yakka

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It will change your perspective forever, 19 April 2011
This review is from: Freedom from the Diet Trap: Slim for Life (Paperback)
He writes that you have to have an open mind. I believe anyone who reads anything with a view to change has to have open mind. But this will certainly challenge you to think completely outside of what you already know, believe and regrettably, trust. This is a fantastic book and it changed my life completely. I've changed my entire lifestyle because of it and I am experiencing first hand the effects of good, clean and nutritionally sound living. I really recommend this book, followed by 7lbs in 7 days and Turbo Charge your life in 14 days.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my life!, 24 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Freedom from the Diet Trap: Slim for Life (Paperback)
I wish I had read this book years ago. It's not just about slimming but about general health and nutrition. It's a real eye opener too! I was only a dress size over weight and hadn't got a really unhealthy diet but this book has really changed the way I think about food. After reading this book (about 6 weeks ago) I started drinking a fruit and vedge juice very morning and have a much healthier diet and I have lost just over 2.5kgs! I also have much more energy and am in much better moods :) I would recommend this to anyone regardless if you want to loose any weight or not! I actually bought copies for my best friend and brother. If you only read one book for the rest of your life this should be the one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but some reservations., 4 Sept. 2005
By A Customer
I read this book 18 months ago and it changed my eating habits permanently. I'd tried and failed to quit having sugar in tea numerous times and always failed. Since reading the first few chapters I've never needed to add sugar to anything. By the end of the book I was CRAVING fruit and wholemeal bread. And this is why the book is clever. It admits that it is telling you stuff you already know; cakes and burgers are bad, fruit and veg good. However, rather than making you feel guilty for eating poorly it makes you eager to eat healthly.
There were a few things which I didn't agree with in the book
the major one being not eating carbs with protien, and I'd rather eat whole fruit than juicing them. But the fact that
I look and feel so much better makes the book well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Break the diet trap, 9 Aug. 2006
Miss B (MANCHESTER, LANCS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I read this book as I believe I have an unheathly attitude to food. Dont get me wrong I eat fairly well and am by no means overweight. However my life has decended into a constant battle with food. I am constantly trying to loose 7lbs, and am always looking for that new miracle diet to help do so.

I also use food as a reward, or emotional crutch and have a love/hate relationship with sweets and chocolate, either abstaining totally or bingeing.

If this sounds like you- read this book. They say knowledge is power, and having just finished the book I have learnt things about foods and their effect on the body I was completely unaware of.

I no longer want to eat sugar, get a caffeine fix or munch on stodgy comfort foods because I am now aware of the effect they are having on my body.

I'm not keen on Jasons 'chatty' style (having read his other books before). However I found this the easiest to read and finished it in one sitting. My attitude to dood and diets has completely changed and Im looking forward to having a happy, healthier and slimmer body! Thank you Jason!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing/fantastic!, 4 Jan. 2004
Mrs Deborah March (Oxfordshire. United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is just extraordinary, the true meaning of the word! I read this book with great enthusiasm, Jason reassures you throughout the book that it really is easy to lose weight by just giving up `junk/drug` foods. This in itself is encouraging and makes you believe in yourself. Alot of people are hell bent on `fat` but are they aware of their addiction to sugar?! After visiting NY recently, I think not!! The technical side of nutrition and sugar addiction is easy to understand and accessible to all. Having met Jason a few times, he really is a true inspiration. He walks his talk - so to speak. I read this book and lost 17lb the first month and went on to lose a total of 2stone 4lb. Admitedly, you need to re read the book and `re tune` as Jason calls it, or old habits creep back in. If you only ever buy one book, this has to be it! How many people buy videos/dvd`s and never watch them?? This book is the best investment you will ever make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! Not a diet - change your mind/change your life., 12 April 2002
By A Customer
Brilliant! This book should really be called, "How to Love Eating Healthy Stuff for the Rest of Your Life." Definitely NOT a diet book - Jason, (The Juice Master), once and for all not only showed me what a truly healthy diet is, but with his sparkling wit and entertaining explanations, actually MADE me want to live this way forever more! It's not about juice, it's not about deprivation of treats - it's about loving your life and loving your food too. This book deserves to be around forever, (and everyone needs it!). I think you'll have gathered by now, I think it's good!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lifesaver!, 6 July 2009
S. J. Evans (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Freedom from the Diet Trap: Slim for Life (Paperback)
This is a great book. It's the first I've found that not only shows a real understanding of the difficulties we food junkies face, but actually gives a way out of the Food Trap. I've only just started applying the principles in this book, and I'm already shedding pounds without effort and without missing comfort foods. One of the best buys I ever made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely, Positively The LAST Diet Book You'll Ever Buy! Life Changing!, 15 Aug. 2002
Lifemaestro "Lifemaestro" (Torquay, Devon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
If you are tired of YoYo dieting and being a slave to junk food and if like me, you swore you'd NEVER go on a diet again AND you still believe you can and want to get your health back... then you MUST get this book!!!

Don't make the mistake of thinking it's a book about juicing. Jason `The Juicemaster' is certainly passionate about juicing and in some ways that distracts from the core message of his book. Which is all about effortless freedom from junk food and winning back your health, your energy and your life!

Jason's book is a revelation and in my humble opinion could save the NHS millions of pounds and save thousands of lives, if more of the great British public read it!

Having read it myself, I'm finally totally free from the food trap and now I eat whatever I want, whenever I want and as much as I want! I just don't want to eat junk and I don't miss it, crave it or desire it!! (and the pounds are dropping off too!) Cheers Jason!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Knowledgable Read on Understanding Drug-Like Foods and Brainwashing by the Food Industry, 16 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Freedom from the Diet Trap: Slim for Life (Paperback)
This book has been revamped fantastically from the original version created by Jason Vale. I feel that this book will open your eyes to understanding the effects of exactly what you eat and reveals what the food industry and government are doing to build huge profits over the risk of our health. This book is a MUST HAVE and will be the best investment as it has changed my life and our family are now working to improve our eating habits for the better. And it's easy, just choose your food carefully. Thanks Jason and well done again for an amazing read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book!, 3 July 2012
This review is from: Freedom from the Diet Trap: Slim for Life (Paperback)
I have just finished reading this book and urge everyone to read it especially young parents who are feeding the future generations!! A lot of the "junk" and "drug food" were not available when I was little in the 40's.No TV,computers,game consoles etc etc just fresh air and charging about!! My father ,like lots of others,grew fresh vegetables and fruit which was the basis of our daily diet. I have always been interested in nutrition and remember avidly reading Lelord Kordell and Maximilian Bircher -Benner's books in my twenties.
Fast food has never appealed to me and never tastes like real food!! The fizzy drinks similarly have never quenched my thirst. Like Jason,I try to buy stuff with the least ingredients listed. Not easy!!
I loved his style of writing and the way he exposed the food,drink and drug industry for what it is. As he says,they are not interested in our health,just their profits.
Some of the things I see people eating today are more like science experiments than meals and snacks! Jason helps us to see this for what it is and to realise how addictive it is.The drug companies are amassing huge fortunes as people fall sick as a result. The quote in Jason's book by Hippocrates "Let food be thy medicine......" is so true.
This is not a book about juicing,apart from the odd carton/bottle of a good quality juice I rarely drink it. Mind,you after reading this book I may start!
In the past I have been to Weightwatchers,never to lose much, just the odd few pounds. Although I agree with Jason re the weird,restrictive diets,I do like the Weightwatchers way of eating. Counting points at the beginning is a useful tool to realise portion sizes and to help you decide if you really want that big fry up which would use all your points in a day!It is a very healthy plan and a good leader can change your way of seeing food too.After a while it becomes a way of life,you don't need to carry on with counting or weighing you just know!!
I too intend to buy a few more copies to give as gifts.It does have the potential to change someone's life!

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

Freedom from the Diet Trap: Slim for Life
Freedom from the Diet Trap: Slim for Life by Jason Vale (Paperback - 10 April 2014)