on 3 October 2009
This is an excellent version for a child's first complete bible. I would say it is suitable for 7 yrs upwards and would be adequate for them for several years. There are 'helps' and indexes to encourage reading and finding your way around the bible. It is very colourful and contains full page illustrations. Good value for money.
33 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 September 2011
Just what my daughter wanted. Good quality book binding, nice illustrations but light weight paper and small text. Not for very young children. If you want a bible for the under 7 market there are better, simpler and more robust versions avaiable. This is ok for my daughters needs now and for years and years to come.
on 31 August 2010
This is a great Bible for children. From a reading level of around 7 years, with guidance, this can be a valuable resource up until teenage years. The language is easy to read without losing the meaning. Highly recommended and great value.
on 11 June 2014
easy to read,i felt the holy spirit 18 years ago.it was brillant.you then know there is life after death.no guessing needed.just read the new testament and get baptised at the end of it.god will meet with you.only you will know about it.i wasted 41 years before i was saved.i thank god for jesus sacrifice every month.without his sacrifice i would have nothing in life.the whole point of life is to discover who jesus is.i took 41 years.what an idiot i was.dont freak out when the spirit comes upon you as i did.it stayed with me for about 6 weeks and then left.i then returned to normal.but i shall never forget the time.out of 7 million people on the planet god takes time out to contact you as an individual.it was brillant.go to a spirit filled church and get baptised.i went to kingdom faith church in horsham on foundry lane.they were brillant.Eric Duncan
on 18 March 2011
I would recommend this bible for older children (8 -12 year olds).
I have bought this for my daughter for her first communion - it has a few small pictures.
She is an avid reader and has exhausted her first children's bible. But some 7 - 8 year olds may find it difficult. It would definitely be ok for 10 -14 year olds.
It is detailed and exactly what I was looking for.
on 26 August 2013
I was always under the impression that Good News Bible are targeted to kids. It certainly is because of its ease to read and explanation with pictures. These are also for adults like me who find the King James version hard to understand.
If you are a believer this version is a must have especially for kids. If its easy for them to understand, they will show interest.
I also have a iBook version for myself.
on 10 January 2014
I bought this as a gift for a friend, who was struggling to understand her traditional Bible. I was given one of these in my early teens, and knew it to be written as to be understood. It also has a section, to tell you where to look for certain things, and has suggestions for things to look up.
on 9 March 2014
This Bible is a really nice, easy to read Bible. It's suitable for both adults and children with really pleasant illustrations to explain the stories; it's also very easy to understand the text as well. I've had this version of the bible since 1992 and it's never failed to teach me the truth! It's also a beautiful gift for introducing someone to the word of God. It has stunning oil pastel illustrations throughout the Bible that convey the stories so beautifully.
on 5 April 2014
I like the original line drawings and the easy to read and understand translation. But for me the kindle version has one big drawback.
I am unable to access chapter and verse at random. I am unable to find any code which will allow me to do this. Maybe the fault lies with me, I would like to know.
on 17 February 2013
bought it for my 7 year old daughter - before buying read the reviews and was able to actually look at some of the pages before buying which was an additional help for me in making my choice.

Delivery was quick, so thanks.