5.0 out of 5 stars Has my daughter in stitches...
Published on 15 Jan. 2009 by Mr. A. Phelan

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok!
Published on 4 Dec. 2012 by A. Patel

5.0 out of 5 stars Has my daughter in stitches..., 15 Jan. 2009
Mr. A. Phelan (Portsmouth, Hants) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Splat The Cat (Paperback)
This is the first review I have written. I felt compelled to write a review about Splat the Cat because it has quickly become my 5-year old daughter's favourite book and we have now read it for the past 5 nights. The brilliant illustrations really appeal to her sense of humour, the more we read it the funnier she finds it and sees more detail in the pictures. She loves to join in with the text and she has even read it herself. today she took the book to school, her teacher read it to the class and they all loved it too! Highly recommended! Can't wait for another story about Splat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Kids @ Teens Read Too, 6 Aug. 2008
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Splat The Cat (Paperback)
Poor Splat is so worried about his first day at Cat School. His tail twitches all over, and he does whatever he can to delay. Before his mother manages to drag him out of the house, he slips his pet mouse, Seymour, into his lunchbox, figuring that at least he'll have a friend on what is sure to be a scary day.

When Splat gets to school, his round and kind teacher, Mrs. Wimpydimple, and his new classmates all make him feel welcome. Splat asks a lot of questions, but he finds out just how amazing his species can be. One cardinal rule that Mrs. Wimpydimple teachers them is that "cats chase mice."

At lunchtime, chaos breaks loose when Seymour escapes the lunchbox, and Splat's classmates do what cats do. With Seymour's help, Splat can teach his fellow cats a few new tricks, and even save the day.

This lovingly detailed book shows a lot of personality in its illustrations, and was an absolute joy to read. I'm sure that reading it aloud with a child would be even more fun!

Reviewed by: Allison Fraclose

5.0 out of 5 stars Stupendous Splat, 8 Jan. 2009
C. A. Kyprianou "Chris" (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Splat The Cat (Paperback)
Splat the cat is quite simply a brilliant follow up to the delightful Russell the Sheep. A delightful tale of one cat and his pet mouse, it successfully conveys the cat's inital worries and how with help and guidance, he overcomes them. Miss WimpyDimple is wonderfully drawn, both literally and figuratively. And Splat will melt your heart, (as it did my 5 year old god-daughter's.)Lovely. I have to agree with the thousands of people who have bought this book Stateside and made this one of the New York Times' Top Ten Children's Picture Books of 2008. Roll on Splat 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ... really funny, great characters..., 22 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Splat The Cat (Paperback)
This is a fantastic book - very funny story and characters - great to read out loud.
The artwork/illustrations are amazing and really add to the story too with their funny details and hidden extras.
Splat has become a bit of a star in our house - and one of my daughters favourite things is to search for Seymour (mouse) on each page to see what he's up too.
How about a TV series? :)
Excellent - can't recommend highly enough - if you like a bit of humour with your children's stories then introduce yourself to the Splat range - you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Splat At School, 20 Jan. 2012
E. J. Cartmail (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Splat The Cat (Paperback)
A really good book which keeps children engaged with a really fun storyline. Splat has to start school,and gets very nervous.
He makes many excuses for not going to school, but mom always has a solution!!When he gets to school everyone is excited!!!! Splat has taken his pet mouse Seymour to school as he is so nervous,and this creates chaos at cat school.At milk time the door appears to be locked,but Seymour comes to the rescue,making him the hero of the day at catschool!!!! Splat has so much fun at school,he can't wait to go back for more fun tomorrow !!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok!, 4 Dec. 2012
A. Patel (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Splat The Cat (Paperback)
My three year old toddler loves Splat the Investigator and we read that over and over again hence I purchased this book. Unfortunately this story book does not appeal to him and I can understand as there is no real excitement, not like `Splat the Investigator'. This is a book about splat the cat who is worried about his first day at school and makes excuses up not to go. A little disappointing compared to the other title. The illustrations are very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Splat the Cat, 5 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Splat The Cat (Paperback)
Getting this book out of the library for my 4yr old daughter made bedtime story routine so much fun! This book has a good mix of everything, and attention to detail (my daughter especially loved the cat wearing braces)makes it definatley in our top 10, and is good for both sexes to enjoy and laugh at, a must buy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars funny picture book that children everywhere will love, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Splat The Cat (Paperback)
A cute, funny picture book that children everywhere will love.

Rob Scotton is extremely talented. The story will make you laugh out loud, but it is his bright illustrations that will captivate you. I particularly love how he has portrayed Splat and the other cat's fur - I can imagine my fingers sinking into the soft fluff!

Splat starts off nervous about starting school for the first time but along the way he finds out how much fun school can be and learns that he is Amazing!

A very good story to read to children starting school for the first time.

Recommended age - 3-6 years

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 4 May 2009
C. Haga (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Splat The Cat (Paperback)
I bought this more for me and my husband for now as my daughter is only 4 months old, but both my husband and I love this book. It's really funny and has some great illustrations!

5.0 out of 5 stars Original Splat books are great, 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Splat The Cat (Paperback)
My 3 year old daughter loves Splat. The large picture book format is glossy and the pictures are beautifully drawn. The continuity of characters throughout the series (Spike, Plank, Splat, Seymour etc) means younger readers feel a connection with them. The storylines are easy to understand and it almost feels like you are viewing works of art on every page as much as reading a book. Only thing to beware is that not all Splat books are the same size and some are 'based on the creation of Rob Scotton' rather than authored by Rob. Stick to the originals and you won't be dissapointed

Splat The Cat
Splat The Cat by Rob Scotton (Paperback - 4 Aug. 2008)