Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 July 2013
I used to read a lot of agatha christie as a teen, forgotten how fluently she tells her stories and how intricate her plots can be. I like I'm being introduced to short stories with unknown characters, it makes an hour fly away without being bored!
on 3 December 2009
I always enjoy Agatha Christie and this one surprised me with the simplicity and the finesse of her short stories.
on 10 October 2015
Haven't read them all yet, but they are wonderfully old fashioned, typical early 20th century and great to read before sleep. Nothing violent/gory/or generally mind boggling. Just straightforward puzzles with a bit of old fashioned romance thrown in from time to time. Loaded these on Kindle to take away and read 1 or 2 each evening.
on 14 August 2015
I thought that most of the stories would have Miss Marple in, but she only appeared later in the book. As with most short stories, there wasnt really time for a plot to develop and Miss Marple (like Hercule Poirot) tends to come off a bit smug and all knowing. That said, good little reads to dip into between other books
on 22 February 2014
I chose this rating because, for me, there were not enough Miss Marple stories. I don't think the other stories are as strong. It would seem that Agatha Christie was writing crime novels before she invented Miss Marple, and they are not as strong, or witty, as the Miss Marple stores.
on 31 October 2015
I'm giving it two stars because it is not what it says on the tin. Although the stories I have read so far are good, they are not Miss Marple stories and that is what I thought I was buying. False advertising does not deserve a high rating.
on 29 June 2014
There are 55 stories in this collection but only 20 feature Miss Marple. On closer inspection of the cover it does say "Miss Marple and mystery". I have rated this book for the Miss Marple stories which are excellent.
on 21 July 2011
I have been a marple fan for years and this book is brilliant you can just keep reading story after story i wish i had bought it sooner.
on 6 January 2016
I love Agatha Christie books I have been reading them for many years and they still keep my interest. A great read with lots of different stories to keep you on your toes.
Highly recommend this book.
on 22 November 2013
ideaal for the bedside table in easily readable stories so you are not putting it down so much. affordable price making it an essential item. maybe a little large for holidays or travel or a wonky table.