on 1 October 2009
Comprehensive lists of words not always on the tip of your tongue including such subjects as bicycle parts, names of fish, peninsulas and drinking vessels. Well worth it if you are trying to discover that last remaining elusive answer.
on 9 February 2009
The book is an excellent reference book, extremely well laid out and easy to use.
on 29 September 2010
A good book for crossword fans. The subjects are listed in alphbetical order which is a bonus. Still not as good as Crossword Dictionary by Ace Publishing but as I can't find an up-to-date copy of this book, it is a good substitute. As usual excellent service from Amazon.
on 18 September 2010
I bought this to replace my well worn crossword solver by another author, no longer available. It is not as user friendly. It does not always list by length of words, the subject matter is often not listed together (for example all geographical matters are in different places) and the indexing is weird. I still refer back to my well worn original.
on 20 January 2014
Great book with lists of everything you could need for crosswords or quizzes, word puzzles etc. I would recommend for any word game fan. The book was despatched promptly, well packed and is in very good condition for a used item. I am very happy with this seller.
on 17 May 2012
An invaluable tool in an puzzlers aromoury. The lists of topics are clear and concise and easy to follow. This copy is an updated one from my old copy and contains even more information.
on 11 June 2010
L do a lot of puzzles and crosswords and have had this book for some years. It got mislaid in a move. I'm so glad I found it again. It is now in constant use. I love this book.
on 12 August 2011
The top line of print was missing from pages 113 to 160 making it difficult to use. Suggest you purchase from a book shop so you can check it before buying.
on 12 March 2014
Another 'must-have' for devotees of crossword puzzles. Very useful and clearly presented. I am sure that everyone would find it a great help.
on 24 September 2013
excellent book with everything you require and in good condition, glad to have found it on this site at last.