5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Classics from the Sci-Fi master
I first discovered Ray Bradbury in the early 70s whilst studying my GCE English Literature and they were classic stories then.
This is a great newly published collection of his short stories that have been a joy to re-discover.

Published on 1 Dec. 2012 by Rob H

3.0 out of 5 stars Ray Bradbury Stories.
Bought this because it was recommended to me. I found it quite fascinating at first, then weird, then boring. Sorry to all Ray Bradbury fans but it didn't do it for me, I deleted it after eight or nine short stories.
Published 14 months ago by norman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Classics from the Sci-Fi master, 1 Dec. 2012

Bradbury is a master of descriptive,emotive and imaginative writing. The twists and turns in the stories are genius, at times filling you with joy and at other times great sadness but always thrilling in their execution.

The other beauty is that at 15 - 20 minutes each the stories are ideal for a quick dip into another world.

A final interesting facet is comparing the imagination of Bradbury on the future and to what did actually happen in space travel and future living. Just Buy It !! Cant wait to get Volume 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb science fiction, 24 Mar. 2014
Brilliant writing, weird and wonderful plotting of the stories, great use of language, superb descriptions of places and
people. Can`t recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars if there is a book you should read, 13 Jan. 2013
Ray Bradbury takes us away with him in his captivating writing that utilizes a simplistic style so that we have no difficulties in understanding what he wishes us to understand. Each short story is a snapshot of a life, often sinister and bringing the reader to epiphanies which forces them to reflect on their own lives and question there moral standing. for a price of £10 you are giving 100 short stories. I would happily pay 10p for a short story from anyone, but this is Ray Bradbury, an extremely talented science fiction who write about thing which matter now or most likely will someday. I have read his 'Martian Chronicals' and not many books have captivated me in such a way that after each chapter (each story) i had to force myself to put the book down just to contemplate what i had just read.

Brilliant book and superb writer 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars but I think his short stories and his novels are excellent! For me it is a refreshing change from ..., 11 April 2015
Because Ray Bradbury's writing is, in my opinion quite original it may not please everyone, but I think his short stories and his novels are excellent! For me it is a refreshing change from the usual sci-fi and many of his short stories would also appeal to non-sci-fi fans. He can paint pictures in your head, transforming everyday situations to the surreal. This particular collection fits that description. Read with an open mind and you will escape into some fascinating places.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite author, 26 May 2013
Ray Bradbury's stories are nothing short of magical. This volume contains many of my favourites.like ' Kaleidoscope' about a group of astronauts dying in space and their last thougts before death - not as morbid as it sounds! and 'A Sound of Thunder' - the butterfly effect a la Bradbury. It also includes some of his classic short stories which make up 'The Martian Chronicles'. 'The Veldt - not for nervous parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars A big book of delights, 23 Jun. 2010
Ms. F. R. Smales "hirosgirl" (Sunk Island UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ray Bradbury Stories Volume 1: v. 1 (Paperback)
This is way too heavy a book to read in bed so this is my handy indulgence to keep by my chair for those quiet moments. Ray Bradbury is the master of the short story, every tale getting to the heart of experience with no artifice, just simple stories beautifully told.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 Feb. 2015
Judith Parsons (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
A really good comprehensive collection of stories by a master storyteller covering a range of genres. Previously only familiar with his science fiction work, it was a joy to discover the scope of this writer and expand my horizons. What a fantastic storyteller this man is.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the storiey you can't find in the charity bookshops, 19 Feb. 2013
Brilliant book. There are several stories in this book that I have been looking for for ages. "A sound of thunder" was listed by one reviewer as the first science fiction story ever, I'm not sure if that is true but it is there in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 27 May 2014
I read some of Ray Bradburys short stories as a teenager and to this day can still remember some of them, a total pleasure to revisit and a lovely collection to make you think and just occasionally look over your shoulder, a joy to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ray Bradbury weaves his magic., 3 May 2015
B. Lengden "leonie47" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
Great big beautiful omnibus of stories from Ray Bradbury, the man who used words like Van Gogh used paint. That's all i can say or that needs to be said, really.

Stratospherically recommended!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Ray Bradbury Stories Volume 1: v. 1
Ray Bradbury Stories Volume 1: v. 1 by Ray Bradbury (Paperback - 1 Dec. 2008)