5.0 out of 5 stars It's like being taught photography by your Grandad.. :o)
This is a really good book; well written, well presented, beautiful example photographs, plenty of schooling exercises to complete...if your photgraphy has gone a bit 'flat' or you're struggling to find a subject, it would be worth buying this book for the inspiration alone. One of the 3 star reviews comments on the book as being for beginners; well I am a beginner -...
Published on 10 Nov 2010 by James Mousley

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition not fit for purpose
Most of these reviews are of the physical book and are accurate. Here I am reviewing the Kindle edition of the book, which I am reading on an iPad. The product is, quite simply, awful. For a start, it does not contain some of the most important pictures in the book. It seems that each chapter starts with an impressive double page picture, and the start of the chapter...
Published on 31 Jan 2011 by N D Barber

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book about photography, 18 Aug 2010
This review is from: Collins Complete Photography Course (Hardcover)
I love this book. I have been doing photography for couple of year as a hobby so new some things already. But this book just fulfil the areas what I wasn't sure about. Book is written very easily so there is no problem to underastand how things work. There are examples on every page and also you can do your practice after each lesson.

I would recomend this book to poeple who like to take nice pictures but also who want to know a little bit more about camera and its functions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - everything you need to know, 19 Aug 2011
AM (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Collins Complete Photography Course (Hardcover)
I wanted a book to complement the Scott Kelby series of books. I didn't just want to know how to get an effect (as his books tell you) but rather know why and how an effect was achieved and how to repeat this again and again for multiple environments.

This book walks you through the basics and then some, explaining things in an easy to understand manner.

I find myself returning to this book regularly and wouldn't be without it.

One to have on your shelf if you are serious about learning about photography

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to get into photography, buy this book, 14 Oct 2010
This review is from: Collins Complete Photography Course (Hardcover)
My message is quite simple. If you want to get into photography, buy this book. If you are already into photography, don't buy this book. I knew nothing about photography and have under-used my DSLR for years. Then I decided it was time to learn how to use my camera and at least try to take some decent pictures with a bit more knowledge and awareness about photography's basic rules and principles. This book is exactly what I was looking for. It got me into photography and I am now more in control of my camera. It's easy to read and understand (it starts from the very beginning) and it's full of useful mini projects to help the reader discovering or uncovering the true potential of his/her DSLR. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beginner's course, 29 Oct 2010
Old Den (Bedford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Complete Photography Course (Hardcover)
I bought this book to amplify and explain the User Handbook instructions which came with my new Panasonic FZ100. I found that by reading this course in parallel with the handbook I was able to get a better understanding of the various settings on my new camera. It's very useful if, like me, you only have a very hazy idea of the technical terms used in photography and how the settings can affect the photo. It does concentrate mainly on digital photography although there are occasional cross references to film cameras which some might find unnecessary.

3.0 out of 5 stars For the completist., 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: Collins Complete Photography Course (Hardcover)
It is with some reservations that I recommend this book. It desperately needs an update. Way too much focus on film techniques and chemicals. Also computer aided development is seen as cumbersome and something to be avoided as much as possible.
However, the good this about it is the different photo challenges in this book. Something every photographer should complete to better understand the world through the viewfinder.
Only get this if you have all other photobooks already, then again, at that point you don't really need the challenges in this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 28 Oct 2010
This review is from: Collins Complete Photography Course (Hardcover)
I've just bought this item as a gift for someone who has just purchased a professional camera but who is new to professional photography. I saw the reviews and the excepts and thought it seemed like a perfect gift. I was however a little concerned that some people said it was for complete beginners and wondered if it was quite basic. When it arrived I was thrilled - much much better than I expected, and now I've seen it I disagree about the "complete beginners" comments. Very professional and fabulous pictures, along with detailed (but easy to understand) technical information on obtaining the perfect picture (and just the right balance of pictures to text). It covers so many aspects of photography I know my gift will be well received. I was so impressed I was tempted to get another one for myself (and I've got a rubbish camera!!!!). What great value for money. Definitely 5 star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars This will focus your photography, 12 May 2010
This review is from: Collins Complete Photography Course (Hardcover)
Cracking value and extremely well put together. This is a very good starting point for a beginner and also as a reference point as you get more serious. My photography has improved by reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Collins Complete Photography Course, 3 Nov 2008
Nick Carter (Hamshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Complete Photography Course (Hardcover)
[[ASIN:0007279922 Collins Complete Photography Course]Interesting projects which help you learn the way to take better pictures. Inspirational photographs to get the creative side of you excited and then very practical ways to learn these fundamental techniques.Digital photography is a great way to learn as the results are seen so quickly , with these exciting projects you can learn quickly the art of taking good pictures .I feel confident in knowledge that these projects are created by professional photographers. Remember the shell pictures sold in Habitat - that's the same Graeme Harris!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good buy, 14 Aug 2009
This review is from: Collins Complete Photography Course (Hardcover)
Collins Complete Photography Course is very good for beginners. We have just bought a new camera with more functions than we have had before and this book will help us explore them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kick started my interest in photography, 3 Jun 2011
This review is from: Collins Complete Photography Course (Hardcover)
I bought a digital SLR a couple of years ago but never really got round to learning how to use it. Then I bought this book, and I couldn't put it down! All the jargon is clearly explained, there is a lot of emphasis on creativity, some great ideas and lovely examples of good quality photographs. The book is well categorised into different sections making it very manageable. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to start learning and enjoying photography.

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

Collins Complete Photography Course
Collins Complete Photography Course by Graeme Harris (Hardcover - 1 Sep 2008)