5.0 out of 5 stars Not Laughed Like This In Ages
I think Alan Carr is hilarious, I gather he is a bit like marmite in the fact that some people love him and some people hate him. I did wonder what an autobiography of his would entail as he isn't old. I knew it would be funny, and I was proved right on that. I haven't laughed out loud on a tube so much reading a book ever, the looks I was getting were something special...
Published on 30 Jan. 2009 by Simon Savidge Reads

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was expecting!
Published on 7 May 2013 by Michelle Bowen

‹ Previous | 1 2 329 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally a brilliant book - so funny!, 21 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Look who it is!: My Story (Paperback)
Being a big fan of Alan Carr i really enjoyed this book, i rarely laugh out loud whilst reading books but this one actually got me laughing out loud. However, the reason why I didnt give it 5 stars is because it is another person that has written an autabiography to soon, since 2008 Alan has done so much and it just stopped all of a sudden when he got the offer to co host 'The friday night Project' which we all know was a fantastic show and it just would of been good if he wrote the book just a few years later! But Alan i do love you :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was expecting!, 7 May 2013
Having read two other autobiographies by leading comedians, I thought this would be full of funny little quips, but was surprised to find it extremely truthful and even sad in places. Although Alan Carr is one of the funniest comedians on TV now, he didn't appear to have had a pleasant fun filled upbringing. I'll read it again and probably again, it's well worth reading, you get a better insight into Alan and I think appreciate the journey he had to undertake to get where he is today!

5.0 out of 5 stars All hail Alan Carr.., 4 Nov. 2008
C. De Freitas (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is amazing, it's one of the funniest books I have ever read. It took me quite a long time to read this book.. not because it was boring, because it was so funny I had to put it down after every couple of pages to recompose myself.

I challenge anyone to read this book without laughing outloud!

Alan we love you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent holiday reading - you're in for a treat!, 17 July 2014
I read this book whilst on holiday recently. I've always liked Alan Carr but he was never one of my favourites but after reading his autobiography I have really warmed to him. The book is an excellent holiday read, full of laughter, (he had me nearly falling off my sunbed at times!), and some very touching moments, just what you want on holiday. I was really sad when I finished it and realised it is the only book he has written. More please Alan!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, but....., 7 Aug. 2011
Jikky (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Look who it is!: My Story (Paperback)
I'm not a huge fan of Alan Carr, but I like him well enough! The book is very funny and it's easy to read. It's written exactly how he speaks, in an easy, informal, self-deprecating style. Although his father was a football manager, the family lived a modest lifestyle. Alan's father must have been very disappointed that his son didn't want to follow in his footsteps! There are some good, homely family photos included.
To me, there's not much depth of personality coming through. Maybe this is because the author is a very "what you see is what you get" sort of person, without a deeper personality. Or maybe there's more, but the reader doesn't find out.
I have one problem with autobiogs - and this one is the same - the early life is interesting and you can relate to it, then comes the bit where the subject struggles with boring jobs, but then the author starts to find success in their desired career. That's when I lose interest, and did so here. It becomes a list of "I performed here and met (big star) then I played there and met (bigger star)".
All in all though, I enjoyed the book and it's worth reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny beginning ..., 19 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Look who it is!: My Story (Paperback)
... but seemed to lose its momentum towards the end.

There are very few books that actually make me `laugh out loud'. Usually when you read on the reverse someone proclaiming the book as `hysterical' or `side-splittingly funny' it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that it's only gonna raise a small smile or two ... and that'll be about it. But this book had me snorting and blurting with mirth (unfortunately I couldnt `laugh out loud' properly as I used this book as reading material for my long tube journeys but, I suspect, if I'd read this at home I'd've had the neighbours banging on me walls and yelling at me to pack it in). My only gripe (if you can call it that) was that it was amazingly funny at the beginning (I confess to be quite a fan of toilet-related humour) but this tended to fizzle out as the book went on (although that is not to say it became an awful read ... Mr Carr is a very talented story teller).

I would still definitely recommend this to any Alan Carr fan - and there are enough old photos packed in to have a decent nosey at too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 20 Jan. 2011
Amy (Cambs, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Look who it is!: My Story (Paperback)
I picked this book up cheap in The Works and thought I'd give it a go, once I'd started reading it I couldn't put it down.

Alan recounts humourous stories from his childhood and young adulthood in a way that you can imagine him reading it to you. He is proof of how an awkward, self-conscience teenager can turn into a successful and confident adult.

A brilliant read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book...a lot of laugh out loud moments, 5 July 2014
I loved this book...I love Alan Carr. as this is the only autobiography he has done it gives you a good insight of what he is really like..I do think he should bring out a new one as this is from 2008. really funny genuine guy I'd recommend this book to any comedy fan..and try not to read in a quiet zone on the train as I found out..there's a lol of lol moments

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!!, 22 Oct. 2008
Couldn't put this book down. It's hilarious and had me laughing out loud. Alan Carr is fabulous! I highly recommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 July 2013
Susan 4822 (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
One of the funniest books I have ever read. Alan just tells it like it is and like another review said has you laughing out loud. The story of his life is interesting, his sexuality talked openly and makes you understand how difficult it can be to think you are different to everyone else around you. I love biographies and this is one of the best I have read!

‹ Previous | 1 2 329 | Next ›

Look who it is!: My Story
Look who it is!: My Story by Alan Carr (Paperback - 28 May 2009)