4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars
Good product, quite difficult to follow at first.
Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Collins Speak Polish
Published on 22 April 2011 by Adept Informatics

3.0 out of 5 stars Collins Speak Polish, 22 April 2011
Adept Informatics (Hermitage, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Speak Polish (Paperback)
Learning all the different ways of pronouncing different combinations of letters takes a great deal of time and because there are no written exercises, it is difficult to remember these. Because I can't link the pronounciation and speech to written words (or just spoken words), I cannot possibly remember what is meant verbally or make a reply. I cannot remember a jumble of sounds - I have to be able to "latch them on to something". Fortunately, I have Polish neighbours and they are helping me go through the chapters (so far only to page 24).

The speech on the CD is very fast and there is almost no point in listening to it as I cannot follow it.

Personally, I feel I need many, many written exercises to be able to remember the vocabulary and also those verbs used and consequently I am disappointed with this book and am looking for another to give me the written practice that I need to embed the knowledge.

3.0 out of 5 stars Collins Speak Polish, 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: Collins Speak Polish (Paperback)
It's not bad, but compares badly with Schenker's Beginning Polish. It is not alone in this, however. When will language course producers understand that we don't need the damned bouzouki. What we learners need is words.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Collins Speak Polish (Paperback)
Good product, quite difficult to follow at first.

Collins Speak Polish
Collins Speak Polish by Hania Forss (Paperback - 5 Jan 2009)