5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfull
Published 2 months ago by Green Eyes

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak end to the trilogy
Published on 26 Nov 2010 by Mr. Michael Doyle

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak end to the trilogy, 26 Nov 2010
Unlike the other reviewers, I felt totally let down by this book. Especially the way the character of Leo developed (or failed to) in the light of the events toward the end of the first book in the series. Twists in the plot are one thing: for example as we the readers come to understand the "aegis" magic, then some of the actions taken by Loethar especially towards Brennus in the first book become understandable. However the direction taken by Leo, especially after he is confirmed by Cyrena at the end of the first book, are NOT a "plot twist", they are a breach of the implied contract between the author and the reader.

(The concept that there is an implied contract between author and reader is made in several books about writing, see Characters and Viewpoint by Orson Scott Card among others.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing to say the least, 18 Jan 2011
Having read and enjoyed the first two books in this trilogy, I was immensely pleased when I noticed this book sat on the shelves at Perth airport with a 24 hours trip back to the UK ahead of me. To say that I was disappointed in this book is an understatement. I have so far managed to claw my way through the first half, and am now seriously debating whether to bother finishing it, and after reading other reviews I may just stop now. I don't understand what happened with this series as the first two were strong works, but the plot has been lost, the writing has become uninspired, the inconsistencies are just plain annoying, and I would expect more from an Author who is writing their 12th novel. A real shame.

3.0 out of 5 stars King's Wrath, 9 Nov 2010
This book was not as good as the first two in the series, some of the romantic pairings were unexpected and disappointing As was the change in characterisation of a key character. Still, a fast paced, entertaining book, perfect for a lazy weekend or on the tube before and after work.
Ultimately the book was OK, but it had the potential to be much better than it was. 3/5
Amazon were really fantastic about the delivery though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfull, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: King's Wrath: Book Three of the Valisar Trilogy (Paperback)
Was not loooking forward to this 3rd book, as the reviews were mixed, but needed to know the end of the story. Well, I loved the story, loved the twists in the plot and some of it was very unexpected. It was good to see some of the characters get their 'just deserts', and the last book pulled all the elements of the story together. I think it was the best of the three, definately worth the read, and authors are allowed to write what ever and how ever they like, it is, after all, their story. This was the only one of the three that brought a tear to my eye. well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars riveting read, 9 May 2014
This trilogy has kept me enthralled and engrossed for the past two weeks. Highly enjoyable and I recommend it whole-heartedly.

4.0 out of 5 stars A satisfying read, 7 Jun 2013
I thought it was a fitting end to the trilogy with several surprises, although these had ben ledup to stisfactorally

2.0 out of 5 stars Weak Ending, 19 May 2013
After reading the first book, I immediately bought the next two hoping for the characters to develop and the storyline, which was interesting at first to come to an exciting close. However, as I got to the last book, reading it became someting of a chore. It was clear none of the characters were going to develop but rather become caricatures of fantasy cliches or undergo complete character transformations while pairing off with each other for no reason at all. I assume yhe destruction of everyones characterisation was for the 'twist' which could have been spotted about a hundred pages before it happened.

At the end, I didn't even care what happened because every character was either unbelievable or completely unlikeable. The only characters in the series that had any interesting qualities were immediately killed off. The ending was also a let-down in terms of action. Part of me hoped the new 'evil' character would get it, just to kill off the self righteousness of the others, despite the villainy being underdeveloped and the reasoning tacked onto the end in an exposition filled speech. Dull.

For what it could have been, this book was a complete let-down due to characterisation and a lack of purpose. I finished it but only because I felt I had to and not because I wanted to.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total let down, 15 Oct 2012
Joe (Winchester) - See all my reviews
After the first and second book i was really looking forward to reading the final book in the serious. I liked where the story was heading, how the characters were developing. Then it all went to s*** and worse. It felt as if the plot was being forced to end rather than willingly bowing out gracefully. Character relationships, including a certain romance (wont mention who) were cliche and unrealistic. I raged at the naivete of some of the characters. All in all i had to force myself to finish reading this book, and i only did that because i hate not finishing series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh for a paperback, 19 Feb 2012
Having read the first two books in book form I thought I would buy the final book for my Kindle, saving space on my bookshelves and space in my hand luggage, for a short holiday I was going on. I now wonder if would have been better off with the book, as the constant running together of words in the digital copy really spoilt my enjoyment. It would be interesting to see if the hard copy of the book had as many errors.
I must admit to feeling disappointed with the final instalment of the story, the two young princes were obnoxious to say the least and I felt Corb deserved a better end (if an end he had to have). However, I am not sure how much of my discontent relates to the poor editing/proof reading in the version for the Kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars suprise, 1 Feb 2012
Well let me just say holy crap i am normally pretty good as seeing how a story is unfolding but i didnt see where where this was going.
Defo worth a read let your world be turned around when reading this and try and keep up.

King's Wrath: Book Three of the Valisar Trilogy
King's Wrath: Book Three of the Valisar Trilogy by Fiona McIntosh (Paperback - 7 July 2011)
7.99