Format: Hardcover|Change

EXCELLENT BREAD RECIPES
on 18 September 2014
Made a good present!
on 24 March 2011
My son and I watched Lorraines cookery programme on BBC2 we were avid fans and loved what she did. The receipes where great and she makes it all look so easy! I was so impressed I requested the book as a gift. When it arrived I was really disapointed as there doesn't seem to be many photographs/pictures to accompany the receipes. Personally I like to see the finished product so I have something to work from. All the receipes from the series are in the book, which is fantastic as there were so many good ones. Its clearly written and fairly easy to understand, but the lack of pictures is an issue so it only gets a 3 star from me.
on 12 February 2011
At the beginning of the first programme in the series Lorraine made it clear that she regards anything that has to be cooked in the oven as 'baking'. Obviously some of the reviewers who complained about the range of dishes in the book can't have seen the programme otherwise they wouldn't have commented about the selection of recipes.

Of the recipes I've tried so far the Glam Mac Cheese was delicious, I gave it to a friend who can't stand blue cheese and only told her afterwards what it was made with, she couldn't believe it !

Also the Brownies are very good and I'm looking forward to making many more of the recipes.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse