4.0 out of 5 stars Very inspirational!
Published on 11 Mar. 2009 by Mr. John Kenneth Roelich

3.0 out of 5 stars I didn't really need this
Published 1 month ago by A. Horner

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very inspirational!, 11 Mar. 2009
Mr. John Kenneth Roelich "Pam Roelich" (Carlisle, Cumbria) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Artist's Little Book of Inspiration (Hardcover)
127 pages packed with oil, acrylic and watercolour paintings. A5 size is handy to carry to art classes. It covers a whole range of genres, with some particularly beautiful land and seascapes. Lots of technical information and tips given on how to develop your skills on composition, using tone, mixing colours, what equipment you need, projects to practise skills etc. I have a fair amount of experience but this little book has enough in it to keep me going for months from finished paintings to quick skills practice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Collins Artist's Little Book of Inspiration by Hazel Soan, 30 April 2009
Peter Gander (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Artist's Little Book of Inspiration (Hardcover)
A really handy book by Hazel Soan, a British master of the watercolour medium. For those times when staring at a black sheet of paper or canvas are just too much, this little gem of a book will kickstart your creativity. Though she is known for her loose watercolours, this book also contains some of her oils too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Book - Big Inspiration, 4 Jun. 2010
P. Astle (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Artist's Little Book of Inspiration (Hardcover)
Having been intrigued by the title, I expected just another run of the mill art book. Wrong! This is an excellent book, handily sized to take in the field or holiday, and has plenty of easy to see detail. Easy enough to read in parts yet allowing you to pick up later without thinking you have missed something. Hazel Soan is a favourite watercolour artist, and her enthusiasm and skill clearly come through, giving you many hours of thoughts, tips, and subjects whether you hit a mental block or not, and as the title says - Inspiration! Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as the title says., 7 Nov. 2012
M. Kerr - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Artist's Little Book of Inspiration (Hardcover)
This is not a book that will teach you how to paint. It is though, perfect for people like me that can paint fairly well but lack inspiration. In the book Hazel Soan suggests what mediums you could use and what paper or other surfaces such as canvas & hardboard to walls, driftwood & fabrics. It is a great little book and has inspired me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that definitely does inspire., 24 April 2013
C. Dixon-gladstone (Gloucester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Artist's Little Book of Inspiration (Hardcover)
I am new to water colour painting and this book was recommended to me by an artist friend. The content of both description and samples of Hazel Soan's ideas were refreshing, pleasing and easy to understand, giving me new ways of looking at possible painting subjects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Collins Artist's Little Book of Inspiration, 4 May 2010
Ms. Louisa Baber (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Artist's Little Book of Inspiration (Hardcover)
Really good book, handy if you need tips and to improve your painting techniques. I like Hazel Soan's style of painting, simple and effective.

3.0 out of 5 stars I didn't really need this, 5 April 2015
A. Horner "Andrew Horner" (Erskine, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Collins Artist's Little Book of Inspiration (Hardcover)
Some books are best not bought. I saw Hazel Soan’s book “Learn Watercolour Quickly” in Waterstones and was very impressed so I decided to buy it through Amazon. While I was on Amazon I saw this book advertised and thinking that if I loved the other book I’d surely love this one I ordered it too. Actually it’s very good. It takes the painter through every possible scenario and tries to offer advice on viewing things differently and finding inspiration in the tiniest of things. The problem is (a) I don’t really paint and (b) I don’t need inspiration. However, it’s an addition to the library and it has its place!

3.0 out of 5 stars cute, 2 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Collins Artist's Little Book of Inspiration (Hardcover)
A sweet little book full of lovely paintings... quite handy for an artist's collection! Hazel Soan is an amazing painter and we get to see a range of her work and bits on technique...

3.0 out of 5 stars Good start, 19 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Collins Artist's Little Book of Inspiration (Hardcover)
Excellent book for those about to start on serious water color painting but I found it a basic primer because of my experience

2.0 out of 5 stars A compilation of previous books!, 25 Jan. 2014
Ann Hartley - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Artist's Little Book of Inspiration (Hardcover)
If you are a fan of Hazel Soane as I am, you will be very disappointed with this book. It is just a revamp of her previous illustrations . There are very few new images. A waste of time for me.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Collins Artist's Little Book of Inspiration
Collins Artist's Little Book of Inspiration by Hazel Soan (Hardcover - 4 Aug. 2008)