5.0 out of 5 stars good book
i bought as a gift for the wife, she enjoyed the book very much, as an f1 fan it was a good read so i highly recommend it to anyone interested in f1
Published 10 months ago by Russo

1.0 out of 5 stars Missed opportunity ...
Considering this is the official offering on Hamilton, I have to say I'm not very impressed. It's OK, but the laughably large amount of blank page around the text says it all. I nailed it in an evening and felt all the unwiser about our nation's newest sporting hero as a result.
A review in The Daily Telegraph last week of all the Hamilton books currently hitting the...
Published on 20 Nov 2007 by S Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing year, 7 Nov 2007
Simon W. Goodall (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I've just finished reading this and as a big F1 fan found it a hugely enjoyable read.
The Lewis Hamilton story to date is genuinely inspiring and that story is well captured here.
Its not a long book but you wouldn't expect that - his story is after all just beginning.
But the F1 season this year, viewed through Lewis's eyes has a enough twists and turns to make it an excellent read for any fan.
The perfect stocking filler.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 Jan 2008
Cadan (Aberystwyth, Wales) - See all my reviews
I am an avid fan of Hamilton, and was very disappointed when I read this. The amount of blank space there is unbeliveable! Also, he is always going on about how wonderful his family are and how he wouldn't have been a star if it wasn't for them, which is fair enough. BUT HE DOES IT ALL THE BLOODY TIME!
Another bad point about this book is that he starts a chapter going on about a race, and then, in the middle of the race summary, he starts going on about his ex-girlfriend! I mean, come on! If you are going to write a book, you should at least keep things in their own chapters and don't have loose ends and little bits of story hanging about the place.
In the final pages, there is a complete list of his 2007 Formula 1 results. I think this is a complete waste of money and paper. You could get all that information for free on Wikipedia anyway!
So all in all this is a very disappointing book, and I would recommend one of the other Lewis Hamilton books. Any one, doesn't matter which, as I'm sure they will be better than this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, 27 Dec 2007
Lewis Hamilton - and I'm a fan - is an astonishing F1 driver. Sadly he can't write. (If it was ghost written, the ghost writer can't write!).

Nothing much of substance in here I'm afraid. What could have (and should have) been fascinating, was mundane. If you're looking for insights into the man, the world of F1, what its like to be part of a global circus, then I'm afraid you will have to look elsewhere.

Shame.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as everyone says, 3 Sep 2010
This review is from: Lewis Hamilton: My Story (Paperback)
Everyone seems to be rating this book pretty low, and even though it is quite out of date as it details Hamilton's first season in F1, it still gives a good background and history to the driver.
I found it interesting and it gave me even more respect for Lewis. For the price, you can't really go wrong!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, at a push., 1 Sep 2010
This review is from: Lewis Hamilton: My Story (Paperback)
Being a BIG Lewis fan I couldn't wait to read this book, but i was quite disapointed. It's very - i went to a race and won, and it was 'cool' then i prepared for the next race. I guess untill he is retired we wont see/hear enough truth of what really went on in his racing days as he is too groomed by the PR and obviously can't offend anyone for sponsor reasons. Still though, a great book of success!

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Place!!!!, 8 Sep 2008
Lewis Hamilton, 22 years old, bearly an adult, but boy he's had a thrilling life so far! Many people are calling this book a missed opportunity, but they haven't read it. This book is truly one of the geatest autobiographies ever written. It realy captures the passion he has for racing and how he wouldn't knowingly do anything to jepeordise his racing career. Reading this book is an experiance never to be forgotten, and if you don't believe me then get it, book a Saturday alone and read. Sadly I have finished the book, but as he is only 22 years old there should be lots more to come from Britains favorite racing driver/bookwriter, and boy I can't wait!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 31 Mar 2008
Ms. J. A. Brown "Gorgeous Book Reviewer" (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
I think that this is a truly inspirational read. i am not a massive fan of formula 1 or lewis for that matter this book was my friends and i decided to have a read as it seemed very inspirational. Lewis just proves that if you try hard enough you can live the dream and suceed in the job/sport you are passionate about. I dont care what any of you lot who rated it as 1 star think, because a lot of you havent even blooming well read the book and others have but they didnt like lewis hamilton to start with so why read it then? you all amaze me! and my granny always told me dont judge a book by its cover and dont judge a person by its skin.

1.0 out of 5 stars Already????, 17 Feb 2008
although listed as best seller in F1, a one star is all i can give.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Hamilton is the best thing that happened to F1 since Montoya left.... NO SERIOUSLY, He is the prodogy that will change the nombers of of F1. shame he pledged to McLaren Mercedes, is it for th rest of his career? only time will tell.

on a last note, please Lewis, wait for more F1 seasons before another "My Story" for a story to actually unfold.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lewis Hamilton: My Story, 10 Jan 2008
Joshua Wilding "Josh_24" (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
I understand the negative reviews here completely. However, even though the book is brief it actually benefits from this fact. Instead of boring the reader with every details of a mans life (who is ONLY 22) the book focuses on the driving side of Lewis Hamilton and is a fascinating insight into both how he has got to where he is and into F1. If you do want value for money though it may be better that you wait for the book to come slightly down in price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait until next year, 6 Nov 2007
Scottish Footie - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
There has been so much coverage of Lewis that I didn't have great expectations for what this might add to what had already been written. But it pleasantly surprised me. Hearing his perspective on the events of the season, I thought that his voice was captured quite well. We all know that these sportsmen don't sit down and type these things out themselves, but whoever was working with him did a good job in getting the essence of Lewis across. Hard to believe that he's 22 sometimes, but at the heart of the book you hear a real eagerness to just get out there and race. The lack of the stink of F1 politics was refreshing. I really enjoyed it and I know a few other people who will too.

ARRAY(0xa9bdb7d4)

Lewis Hamilton: My Story
Lewis Hamilton: My Story by Lewis Hamilton (Paperback - 17 Mar 2008)
7.49