Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 December 2014
To say the book was a penny and 2.80 delivery it looks like I've bought it straight off the shelf can't wait to see dads face xmas day
on 4 August 2013
This book screamed out loud about a sanitised story. The writer's biggest challenge must have been to get the events in chronological order. There was no drama, no conflict, no surprising insights or facts not known that would have had tongues wagging. Thereby giving the book a reason to exist other than allowing novices like me, to get a modest update.

I don't feel any more excited about the drama and the perils of Formula One and becoming world champion at a young age, which was an incredible achievement by Lewis, from reading this book. This clearly was an attempt to spin an image of a down to earth man, who started early with family support, worked hard and made good. This isn't a reason to write (or read) a biography. Fans will be able to wax lyrical more excitement and passion for Lewis's considerable talent and lifestyle.

This book is a disappointment at best and despite my reading it cover to cover, leaves me more interested in future as to who the ghost writer is, so as not to waste time and money again.
on 24 February 2016
Bought for a gift for my nephew and it arrived promptly and he seemed to enjoy it and now wants his latest book.
on 7 January 2015
Great Book, very inspirational and a great insight to all the effort required to get to the pinnacle of Motorsport.
on 14 January 2013
Lewis Hamilton: My Story this was bought for my grandson to read and he really enjoyed it very much he recommends
on 1 January 2008
I am an avid fan of Hamilton, and was very disappointed when I read this. The amount of blank space there is unbeliveable! Also, he is always going on about how wonderful his family are and how he wouldn't have been a star if it wasn't for them, which is fair enough. BUT HE DOES IT ALL THE BLOODY TIME!
Another bad point about this book is that he starts a chapter going on about a race, and then, in the middle of the race summary, he starts going on about his ex-girlfriend! I mean, come on! If you are going to write a book, you should at least keep things in their own chapters and don't have loose ends and little bits of story hanging about the place.
In the final pages, there is a complete list of his 2007 Formula 1 results. I think this is a complete waste of money and paper. You could get all that information for free on Wikipedia anyway!
So all in all this is a very disappointing book, and I would recommend one of the other Lewis Hamilton books. Any one, doesn't matter which, as I'm sure they will be better than this one.
on 12 December 2007
Very poor, but admirable profiteering vis-a-vis his immense place in the media spotlight this year. Anyone writing a biography under 35 should be shot. Unless your Amy Winehouse of course!
on 8 September 2008
Lewis Hamilton, 22 years old, bearly an adult, but boy he's had a thrilling life so far! Many people are calling this book a missed opportunity, but they haven't read it. This book is truly one of the geatest autobiographies ever written. It realy captures the passion he has for racing and how he wouldn't knowingly do anything to jepeordise his racing career. Reading this book is an experiance never to be forgotten, and if you don't believe me then get it, book a Saturday alone and read. Sadly I have finished the book, but as he is only 22 years old there should be lots more to come from Britains favorite racing driver/bookwriter, and boy I can't wait!!!!
on 31 March 2008
I think that this is a truly inspirational read. i am not a massive fan of formula 1 or lewis for that matter this book was my friends and i decided to have a read as it seemed very inspirational. Lewis just proves that if you try hard enough you can live the dream and suceed in the job/sport you are passionate about. I dont care what any of you lot who rated it as 1 star think, because a lot of you havent even blooming well read the book and others have but they didnt like lewis hamilton to start with so why read it then? you all amaze me! and my granny always told me dont judge a book by its cover and dont judge a person by its skin.
on 7 November 2007
I've just finished reading this and as a big F1 fan found it a hugely enjoyable read.
The Lewis Hamilton story to date is genuinely inspiring and that story is well captured here.
Its not a long book but you wouldn't expect that - his story is after all just beginning.
But the F1 season this year, viewed through Lewis's eyes has a enough twists and turns to make it an excellent read for any fan.
The perfect stocking filler.