5.0 out of 5 stars good book
i bought as a gift for the wife, she enjoyed the book very much, as an f1 fan it was a good read so i highly recommend it to anyone interested in f1
Published 10 months ago by Russo

1.0 out of 5 stars Missed opportunity ...
Considering this is the official offering on Hamilton, I have to say I'm not very impressed. It's OK, but the laughably large amount of blank page around the text says it all. I nailed it in an evening and felt all the unwiser about our nation's newest sporting hero as a result.
Published on 20 Nov 2007 by S Williams

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Missed opportunity ..., 20 Nov 2007
This review is from: Lewis Hamilton: My Story (Hardcover)
A review in The Daily Telegraph last week of all the Hamilton books currently hitting the shelves pointed to 'The Full Story' by Mark Hughes being the best of the bunch. I've now read that as well and I don't know about the other books on offer, but I do know that The Telegraph was right about the official one, Mark Hughes' book is head and shoulders above that.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 16 Jun 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Glad he drives better than he writes!, 1 Jan 2008
Mr. D. B. Lloyd (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lewis Hamilton: My Story (Hardcover)
I was extremely disappointed in this book. Thankfully it was bought as a gift.
There are at least 12 'I's on every full page. I'm sure he didn't write much of this himself, but I believe it shows the pointlessness of having a book written about your life when you're still in your 20s. No doubt that he's achieved a lot in his young life, but this is a typical 'celebrity book', and given the obesession with celebrities in the UK, there are those who will enjoy it, and good luck to them, but for me it was one of the worst books I have ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lewis, 1 Jun 2013
I have followed Lewis Hamilton since he first joined McCLaren
SO when this book was published about his story I had to buy it. I found it very intersting

5.0 out of 5 stars Lewis Hamilton: My Story, 14 Jan 2013
Lewis Hamilton: My Story this was bought for my grandson to read and he really enjoyed it very much he recommends

4.0 out of 5 stars Good could be better though, 13 May 2012
This review is from: Lewis Hamilton: My Story (Hardcover)
When I bought this book I must admit I wasn't sure if id like it or not with Lewis being so young but I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The book gives much insight into what Lewis was like as a child and what trials he had to face.
My only criticism is that he does repeat himself and refers back too much. Definitely a must read for Hamilton fans though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor - give it a miss !, 23 Mar 2010
G. R. Hill (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lewis Hamilton: My Story (Hardcover)
There were a litany of books released after Lewis Hamilton's championship win on 2008.

As his officially endorsed book, you would expect this to be the best, but it isn't.

It is poor, littered with mistakes, indicative of the way it was rushed out.

Give it a miss - it's not even worth a pound in the cheap book shops....

4.0 out of 5 stars Emma, 26 Nov 2007
Emma (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lewis Hamilton: My Story (Hardcover)
I don't understand why some are rating this book 1 star! I don't know exactly what you were expecting after all this is a 22 year old young man barely into adulthood, although understandably you would be forgiven for forgetting, his maturity belies his age. Evidently some haven't even read it at all but still feel entitled to review? Anyway I personally chose to buy the only book by the man himself (albeit ghostwritten) out of all 7 as I am thouroughly fascinated by his whole being and not just his racing. That curiosity is answered and to put it simply LEWIS IS HIS FATHER'S SON and he leaves you in no doubt at all (if ever there was any) that he is who he is in everyway because of his father, followed closely by his stepmum Linda and brother Nic. The only dissapointment I would say is the deliberate censorship of his real mum and her side of the family from the story, if you ask me that is where the juicy stuff is. So if you are looking for some warts and all story, you won't find it here but that should come as no surprise as he has shown that he is honed to perfection by the PR machine.
It is also nice to relive the joy and pain of this gone season with him so to speak, with the China nightmare poignantly standing out. That was gut wrenching for all that were rooting for him and he allows you to step on the other side, looking from the inside. A lot has been censored but as I said he's into his first year not a great stage to be spilling the beans and all and possibly not that many beans anyway. At best it is a very inspiring story of a young boy with a dream and a super solid family behind him and his dream (or their dream should I say). I shall be looking forward to the sequel, hopefully a tell-all memoir.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not perfect, 16 Dec 2007
This review is from: Lewis Hamilton: My Story (Hardcover)
An interesting book about a phenomenal driver. Obviously there's only so much you can say about someone so young, but I enjoyed reading about his life so far and it is a genuinely inspirational story.

I do agree with other reviewers though that at times things are dealt with in somewhat superficial detail and you do get the feeling that the book was rushed out to capitalise on this season's success when there was the potential to go into things a bit more fully.

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, 12 Dec 2007
This review is from: Lewis Hamilton: My Story (Hardcover)
Very poor, but admirable profiteering vis-a-vis his immense place in the media spotlight this year. Anyone writing a biography under 35 should be shot. Unless your Amy Winehouse of course!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xabacf624)

Lewis Hamilton: My Story
Lewis Hamilton: My Story by Lewis Hamilton (Hardcover - 5 Nov 2007)
Used & New from: 0.01