4.0 out of 5 stars Great Grammar/Punctuation pick-me-up
Published 12 months ago by Olawale B. Rominiyi

1.0 out of 5 stars It is not written in an easy to understand logical way
Published 2 months ago by P. Malling

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Grammar/Punctuation pick-me-up, 30 Jun. 2014
I bought this book with the intention of refreshing my knowledge and understanding of English grammar and punctuation; with the intention of improving my writing skills. The grammar parts I honestly found less useful; as I found a lot of it was in essence stuff I already use correctly, subconsciously but without knowing the formal designations. Some of the examples given in the early part of the book were, however, pretty poor and confusing. On the other hand, the latter sections were much better and afforded a comprehensive understanding of the terms and how they relate to sentence structure and written language.

The part on punctuation was spot on. It was exactly what I was looking for, as this was my area of weakness: in that there was some of the rules I realised I was breaking rather quickly; which obviously showed that the book proved its worth to me.

This a book I would happily recommend to anyone wanting to brush up on their grammar and punctuation.

5.0 out of 5 stars g.c.s.e. english grammar school textbook, 9 July 2012
This review is from: Easy Learning Grammar and Punctuation (Collins Easy Learning English) (Paperback)
this book is one out of the range of easy learning grammars. so it's equal in content to the easy learning french, german, spanish, and italian grammars. this book explains how to conjugate english verbs into the past, present and future, and how to use the auxiliary verbs correctly.
there are more advanced grammars available, obviously. but if you want a short and easy introduction to english grammar in a handy A5 size, then this is it.
i hope this was helpful.
Collins Easy Learning French Grammar (Collins Easy Learning)
Collins Easy Learning German Grammar (Collins Easy Learning)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth investing in..., 31 Aug. 2013
If you work in a school this is a must have book, it really helps to refresh on grammar and punctuation especially if you've been out of school for many years. A great accessory for teaching but really useful got kids as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 8 April 2013
A. M. Boyt "Mandy" (England) - See all my reviews
Perfect book just right for the job left school with no qualifacations so need to know about grammar and punctuation

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 11 Dec. 2012
Fast service will packed book. Full of good information to help anyone understand english language. Great for a refresher book to keep on te shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Jan. 2014
This is proving to be a brilliant choice and would recommend to anyone who has started to write stories or poems later in life as i have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beneficial!, 29 April 2014
It does facilitate understanding in the use of grammar and punctuation. I suppose I find it particularly useful because of my modest level of understanding of the English language.
Recommended, and time worthwhile spent studying the contents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, 14 Jan. 2014
It's very easy to read without grabbing a dictionary to find meaning. You can't expect anything less from Collins. Their books are excellent.

1.0 out of 5 stars It is not written in an easy to understand logical way, 23 April 2015
P. Malling (Worcester) - See all my reviews
This is a very confusing grammar book. It is not written in an easy to understand logical way. It uses all the exceptions to the rule in the introductory explanations so you don't get a grip of the basics first. I am a native English speaker and I found it difficult to follow. I don't know how anyone studying English would find this book very helpful. It is supposedly in colour - this only means that some of the words are in blue print instead of black. I absolutely hated this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Feb. 2014
This is a brilliant book, very well structured, thorough, a smooth read and very engaging, I very much recommend it

Easy Learning Grammar and Punctuation (Collins Easy Learning English)
Easy Learning Grammar and Punctuation (Collins Easy Learning English) by Collins Dictionaries (Paperback - 5 Mar. 2009)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available