on 25 June 2008
I'm a big, although initially reluctant fan of Jason Vale's books. I say reluctant, because like many readers it took me a while to get used to his idiosyncratic writing style. BUT since first reading Slim4Life 2 years ago I've revolutionized my health and dropped 2 dress sizes in the process - without dieting.
This is the Juice Master's best book so far, packed full of inspiration and eye-opening insights, and most importantly, a totally fabulous programme that will have you juicing and eating yourself slim, healthy, energetic and full of bounce - for LIFE!
(And as a small and really unimportant bonus, this one is better written than some of the other books.)
0Comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 September 2009
wow, this book is amazing, this is one of the diet that actually works! if u want seriously quick results for little effort this is the book for u!
on 31 August 2014
Brilliant book, easy to read & just made so much sense. The plan is easy to follow and delivers results, not just weight loss but amazing health benefits too. I lost 5lb in the first week and just over 5 weeks later my loss is over 1 stone, without feeling deprived or craving any of the old "rubbish" I used to eat. Yes the first launch week does feel like a diet as you're limited on what you can eat & cutting out a lot of foods, but the results of that week really make it worthwhile and after that it genuinely feels like a way of eating rather than a diet, I now naturally make healthy choices, I don't want to feel ill again from the food that I ate (I have fibromyalgia and it's made a huge difference to my energy levels, sleeping and pain levels). I cannot rate this plan highly enough, I love Jason's attitude and the way he delivers his programme, in a down to earth and honest way.

Cannot rate this book (and other JV books) highly enough - try it, you won't regret it.
on 22 April 2009
This is a good book if you are new to juicing and want to lose weight it is more of a referance book than a recipe book and explains everything in simple terms
on 11 June 2008
As a fellow author who writes books on holistic living, I've mentioned Jason in my books, when I wrote Imperfectly Natural Woman I had read 71bs in 7 days but confess I didn't actually get round to doing it ! Better late than never though, I now have the 'juicemaster' bug. Good old Jason has changed my life. I attended a 'juicy retreat' lost almost a stone in weight and best of all have kept the weight off since coming home. How ? no diets, calorie counting or misery, just having Jasons 'turbo charger' smoothie for brekkie and juicing daily, best of all we never buy fruit juice or cordials anymore, the kids know the fruit bowl will always contain fruit and they help themselves. Its the best way of sneaking veg into them too, the little ones have no idea mums sneaking in broccoli, courgettes, celery and cucumber into their tropical smoothies. The recipes are brilliant and this is the easiest way to lose weight and stay slim but best of all its about health and its incredible how we can promote drugs across the media and yet its seen as 'propoganda' if we make claims about the anti-cancer healing properties of juicing your fruit and veg. Get juicy, you won't regret it...
P.S Jason is also an amazing 'life coach' he wouldn't call himself that but he sures does sort out addictions and help people decide whats important in their life.
11 comment|92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2013
You just have to be very rich to be able to afford the average £15 a day on your shopping list. Try the app its great an the same price.
on 19 August 2008
This book is really easy to read, clear and informative. The juicing plan is outlined well and I feel, much better than his previous book 7lbs in 7 days (although I still loved that one!). This plan is more easy to follow and fit into family life. The basic principles are the same; juice/smoothie for breakfast and lunch, and soup for dinner. This then extends after 7 days to a more flexible plan juice/smoothie for breakfast and lunch for 5 days a week then just replace the soup to a healthy meal.
Great!
on 14 December 2015
Jason has done it again....This book is just superb .....Full of delicious easy to follow recipes....& not only do you know you are receiving the nutrition your body needs ...but feel so healthy & lose weight !!!!!!! Do yourself & your body a huge favour .....Buy & follow this book ....Great healthy food never tasted soooooooooo Amazing ..Just love it ....Thank you once again Jason ....
on 6 October 2013
Having read an online book of Jason Vale's, I was looking more for recipes to use as i was already convinced by his theories. There is still a lot to read and I would have preferred a simple recipe book.
on 31 March 2013
The juicing concept is good but there is too much overlap between the books in this series and perhaps insufficient distinction between them in the descriptions? We already had the 7lbs in 7 days book and I bought this expecting, from some other reviews, that it would build on the original and contain more general recipes to sustain a healthy diet over a longer period. I was therefore disappointed. A relative has the 14 day detox which again repeats a lot of the theory but does at least include more lunch and main meal options so I have resorted to copying some of those.