5.0 out of 5 stars Best yet!
I'm a big, although initially reluctant fan of Jason Vale's books. I say reluctant, because like many readers it took me a while to get used to his idiosyncratic writing style. BUT since first reading Slim4Life 2 years ago I've revolutionized my health and dropped 2 dress sizes in the process - without dieting.
This is the Juice Master's best book so far, packed full...
Published on 25 Jun 2008 by S. Dickens

3.0 out of 5 stars Insufficient recipes
Published 16 months ago by A. K. Carlton

5.0 out of 5 stars Best yet!, 25 Jun 2008
S. Dickens (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Juice Yourself Slim: Lose Weight Without Dieting: The Healthy Way to Lose Weight Without Dieting (Paperback)
This is the Juice Master's best book so far, packed full of inspiration and eye-opening insights, and most importantly, a totally fabulous programme that will have you juicing and eating yourself slim, healthy, energetic and full of bounce - for LIFE!
(And as a small and really unimportant bonus, this one is better written than some of the other books.)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm juiced !, 11 Jun 2008
As a fellow author who writes books on holistic living, I've mentioned Jason in my books, when I wrote Imperfectly Natural Woman I had read 71bs in 7 days but confess I didn't actually get round to doing it ! Better late than never though, I now have the 'juicemaster' bug. Good old Jason has changed my life. I attended a 'juicy retreat' lost almost a stone in weight and best of all have kept the weight off since coming home. How ? no diets, calorie counting or misery, just having Jasons 'turbo charger' smoothie for brekkie and juicing daily, best of all we never buy fruit juice or cordials anymore, the kids know the fruit bowl will always contain fruit and they help themselves. Its the best way of sneaking veg into them too, the little ones have no idea mums sneaking in broccoli, courgettes, celery and cucumber into their tropical smoothies. The recipes are brilliant and this is the easiest way to lose weight and stay slim but best of all its about health and its incredible how we can promote drugs across the media and yet its seen as 'propoganda' if we make claims about the anti-cancer healing properties of juicing your fruit and veg. Get juicy, you won't regret it...
P.S Jason is also an amazing 'life coach' he wouldn't call himself that but he sures does sort out addictions and help people decide whats important in their life.

5.0 out of 5 stars best thing I have bought!, 8 Sep 2009
N. Harley - See all my reviews
wow, this book is amazing, this is one of the diet that actually works! if u want seriously quick results for little effort this is the book for u!

5.0 out of 5 stars Juice yourself slim - Jason Vale, 22 April 2009
This is a good book if you are new to juicing and want to lose weight it is more of a referance book than a recipe book and explains everything in simple terms

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book....again!, 19 Aug 2008
Game Girl (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
This book is really easy to read, clear and informative. The juicing plan is outlined well and I feel, much better than his previous book 7lbs in 7 days (although I still loved that one!). This plan is more easy to follow and fit into family life. The basic principles are the same; juice/smoothie for breakfast and lunch, and soup for dinner. This then extends after 7 days to a more flexible plan juice/smoothie for breakfast and lunch for 5 days a week then just replace the soup to a healthy meal.
Great!

3.0 out of 5 stars Insufficient recipes, 31 Mar 2013
The juicing concept is good but there is too much overlap between the books in this series and perhaps insufficient distinction between them in the descriptions? We already had the 7lbs in 7 days book and I bought this expecting, from some other reviews, that it would build on the original and contain more general recipes to sustain a healthy diet over a longer period. I was therefore disappointed. A relative has the 14 day detox which again repeats a lot of the theory but does at least include more lunch and main meal options so I have resorted to copying some of those.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy way to lose weight, 23 Feb 2011
In my search to cure my chocolate addiction, I stumbled across another of Jason's book: Chocolate Busters over xmas. He doesn't really say anything I didn't know but something about the way he writes it worked and I haven't eaten it since and genuinely have no cravings for it. I'd set myself a goal of running 10km (I could run for 5 mins at a push at xmas) by the summer. Within 3 weeks of giving up chocolate and trying to eat generally healthily, I ran 10km; and it wasn't a major effort.
I then wanted a kick-start to losing weight so I bought this book. It repeats many of the ideas of the chocolate book, but it's well worth reading for motivation. As for the actual diet, you do have to invest in a juicer (30ish) and a blender (I bought a proper one but I've ended up only using my hand-held one). I've say the food costs 35 a week, you can do it for less if you make up a big batch of soup to last you a few days (also saves you time). I made up all my juices the night before, takes max half an hour, you can get it down pretty quick once you get the hang of it. And you can do all this while your soup is cooking, so it's really not that time consuming. Cleaning the juicer only takes 2 seconds.
I lost 5lbs for doing it for 6 days. I won't lie, contrary to a lot of reviews I was hungry! And I didn't sleep great the first few nights as I woke up starving. I had a few headaches as is supposed to be common. The main thing I found hard is that you are recommended to do exercise but it doesn't specify the intensity. I found spending even an hour at the gym completely wiped me out. I have to say I cheated a few times by having a can of tuna after a workout session to give my muscles some protein, and I also added protein powder to a few of the smoothies.
Overall I'm really pleased with the results, my stomach is markedly flatter. I'm staying on it for another week but adding a few extras such as the odd roll with soup and a bit more protein so I can get back into full gym workouts. I think my stomach has now shrunk enough that I'm actually not hungry and don't need all the juices each day and still have tons of energy.
I definitely recommend giving it a go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but preachy, 20 April 2014
Over the last 2 years, I've read 4 of Jason's other books and taken part in 2 of his juicing challenges. Usually I love his down to earth, chatty style. His comments do make a lot of sense and the repetition of some key phrases does help it stick in your mind. But this book seems to be a bit angrier than his others. He comes across as if he's a bit sick of having to repeat the same things over and over. There's a sort of conspiracy theory feel about this book that I haven't seen in his others; namely rants about drug companies and scientific studies. I didn't find this book as inspirational as his others. The recipes, however, are amazing as always. I have a newfound love for mushroom soup! It's a simple plan to follow based on common sense. The recipes are easy to make and fun to experiment with. Easy if you're new to the juicing world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Juice yourself Slim - Jason Vale, 4 May 2009
Mrs. D. M. Crawford (England) - See all my reviews
This book is great, it has lots of different Smoothies, Juices, Soups & Salads to choose from. Would definitely recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of reading!, 6 Oct 2013
Having read an online book of Jason Vale's, I was looking more for recipes to use as i was already convinced by his theories. There is still a lot to read and I would have preferred a simple recipe book.