Format: Paperback|Change

I really enjoyed reading about the Campion family once again..another wonderful book telling us how the wonderful characters Annie Groves introduced us too in the first of the Campion novels "Daughters of Liverpool" this book was as wonderful as the other books in the same saga. (this is the 4th book in this series)
I would recommend for anyone that is considering reading this book to first read the other books as the history of the family and other characters that is told in them helps you enjoy "where the heart is" even more. As it will help you understand the relationship of all the characters and why they are behaving the way they are in this book, such as why Kate has left Liverpool a place where she was so happy and now living in London though she is happy in London I still believe through reading the novel, Kate still has Luke and his family and Liverpool still on her mind and pines for the loving and comfortable home of the Campions and their cosy yellow painted kitchen which is always loving remembered and talked about throughout the other novels, and a lot of the important decisions and discussions are taken place in this kitchen full of love and understanding.
I believe the last reviewer who only give 2 stars as her rating, for this book "Where the Heart is" was her first introduction to this family. She would have enjoyed the book so much more if she had read the first 3 books in the series and all those questions that she has the reviewer would have had answers that she needed. The most important question of what becomes of all the characters will not be answered until "When the Lights come on Again" is published.
Therefore, roll on now to "When the lights come on again" is published so we find out how the twins sort out their relationship? does Fran get her son back who is now known as Tommy? about Bella and Jan?
Thank you so much Ms Groves for another wonderful instalment in your Campion/Liverpool saga! the only thing is I hate it when the books are finished as I just want to keep reading more from Ms Groves.

Ps I have included in this preview the product links to the other books in the same series I hope this is of some help to other readers/customers.
The full list of the series are as follows.
1. Across the Mersey
2. Daughters of Liverpool
3. The Heart of the Family
4. Where the Heart Is
5. When the Lights Go On Again (Campion)
66 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 September 2011
Anyone wanting to read this book, make sure you read the first three books in this series.It tells the story of a family and their friends and relatives during the war. It has several stories going on at once which is great reading and not confusing. But please do read the other books first then you will know all the family history.
on 23 March 2010
Wife is very fond of Annie Groves. Her view is that this is another good publication from the author and fits well into the series.
on 23 November 2014
I have downloaded 4 out of the five books in this series but cannot find this one number 4 on my Kindle, why??? Don't really want to have to buy the paperback version. Have just started the third book, they are brilliant and can't put dependable. The story line is brilliant and if you enjoy WW 2 family sagas then these are for you. Just annoyed that I will miss out on no.4
on 5 September 2012
I enjoyed reading this book and catching up with the Campion family. There was a lot going on in this book, just about every character had their own storyline, but it was still easy to follow and kept me flipping the pages, as one story would become suspenseful then she'd change to another. Some surprising moments, like how Lou took to military discipline and how her and Sasha seemed to be growing even further apart and that Sasha seemed to be the one pushing her twin away, hopefully this will be resolved in the final book of the series. But otherwise it was a great read, very gripping, touching, frustrating at times but in the end there is the happy ending and of course knowing that there is one more story to go and that my time with this family is not over yet.
on 5 July 2010
...and this may seem picky and irrelevent to some, but I lost count of the amount of grammatical errors. I've never come across this in any of Groves' other books; words missing, words wrongly placed, commas in the wrong places etc. It's small I know but little things like this can break the fluidity of reading and can be a little off putting, especially when you have to re-read a sentence because a printing error means it doesn't sound right.

As for the story, I'm very much looking forward to 'When The Lights Go On Again' as this has been yet another fantastic book that I simply couldn't put down. Any fan of Groves who hasn't read this should do so. Indeed any fan of this genre of fiction should pick up a copy. I doubt they will be left disappointed.
VINE VOICEon 18 May 2010
fantastic reading i am really looking forward to when the lights go on again
i cant believe someone to be disapointed and to only give the book 2 stars
on 24 November 2012
I have read all Annie Groves books to date and I love them.I am now re-reading this series on my Kindle and enjoying them.....Thing is the transfer of this book (Where the Heart Is)to Kindle format is unbelievably poor, am I the only one to have picked up on this. Examples...Double spacing in between sentences or lines throughout the book, no spaces between some words or a - instead of a space, so disjointed its driving me mad. I would have thought kindle format would have to be checked before release?????
on 6 August 2014
Thorougly enjoyed these books it really doesn't matter if you read them out of order as she makes references to events which mean you understand the complexities of the relationships within and outside the family. If you enjoy romance and inter-relationships set in a war torn Britain then you will really enjoy this book
on 24 February 2015
Just loved the story of the Campion Family and after reading the first in the series couldn't wait to read the others. The characters really captivated you and made you want to keep on reading. Annie Groves brings her characters to life and her books are highly recommended.