5.0 out of 5 stars Love the food; now if I could only look like her....
Published on 25 Aug 2009 by Scottish Footie

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Book!
This book is excellent, very easy to read and beautifuly illustrated. You do have a list of ingredients to buy before cooking anything, and I mean anything! Anyway once you have had a trip to the specialist chinese shop your well on your way.
Very good for novices.
Published on 3 May 2010 by C. Timmins

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the food; now if I could only look like her...., 25 Aug 2009
Scottish Footie - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Ching's Chinese Food in Minutes (Hardcover)
The Chinese Food Made Easy series on the BBC last year was one of my favourites, and I bought the book of the series on a whim. I was pleasantly surprised by it, so much that I don't think I've ever tried a recipe which didn't work. So, when the email came out about Ching's next book, I snapped it up. And she's delivered again. The book is beautiful, even better than the last, and the recipes I've tried have gone down really well with the family. I haven't used it as much as the last one, but I'm sure that we'll get it nice and splattered up soon enough.

Can't recommend it highly enough for good, quick, delicious food. The takeaway menus are gathering some serious dust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Chinese Recipes, 23 Dec 2009
Andrew M. Williams (Dublin,Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ching's Chinese Food in Minutes (Hardcover)
I found Ching's recipes easy to follow and the food always has very good flavours. The taste of all the ingredients comes through and unlike other Chinese foods is not overpowered by one ingredient.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Third Winner from Ching-He, 28 Aug 2009
This review is from: Ching's Chinese Food in Minutes (Hardcover)
I have been eagerly awaiting this new book from Ching-He. I adore it! It's full of the easy, delicious recipes she has become well renown for. There are all the usual different meat, chicken, vegetables and vegetarian, rice and noodle, chapters you would expect, with many more soups in this one too. My favourite chapter is the 'Easy Entertaining' one which is just so delicious to read, can't wait to cook and taste them all. I had to make something from this book last night so made her sweet and sour monkfish (but with prawns) last night for supper, kiss that take-out menu goodbye, it was just what I want when I think of a take away Chinese, but SO much better and healthier, not to mention fast. There are recipes for everyone here, home made Peking Duck next for me. Well done to you Ching-He, another delicious winner, thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book - move over jamie et al, 14 Sep 2009
Matthew Elvin (LONDON, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ching's Chinese Food in Minutes (Hardcover)
I love this book! and being an avid Chinese food lover I haven't been able to put this book down. The recipes are easy and straight forward and every bit as good as your local chinese restaurant and take away, and dare i say it, London's china town, too.
It demystifies the misconception that tasty chinese food is hard work - certainly not with this book!
and at long last, i've found a good recipe for Hainese Chicken Rice!
your mouths will water even just flicking through this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on - actually delivers superb chinese food in minutes., 20 May 2010
Roger Sharp (Kenley, Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Ching's Chinese Food in Minutes (Hardcover)
I first saw Ching cooking some of these dishes from a stall in Soho. What I found really exciting was that in her demonstrations she actually did produce the most delicious looking food in mere minutes. OK, there may have been a little prior preperation of some of the ingredients but essentially she did exactly what she promised to deliver.
Perhaps the main strength of this book is that it does not constantly compromise on the use of authentic ingredients for easily sourced western alternatives, but at the same time limits the truely Chinese products to a relatively small number (all of which are easy to obtain - particulary if you live close to a Wing Yip store!) - which in my opinion make all the difference to the taste.
I must confess to having quite a number of cook books - some rarely used - but this has become one of my top ten favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star Book, 15 April 2010
George Dickson "Georgiedee" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ching's Chinese Food in Minutes (Hardcover)
I have no hesitation in giving this book 5-Stars. I have no experience in the kitchen and have never made chinese food before but I found the book and the TV series inspiring. I now cook every night for my family and take any leftovers into work the next day. My food budget has been halved (so the book has already paid for itself) as has the amount of packaging I used to throw away, as I now buy fresh ingredients. I'm looking and feeling better than ever as I now know what I'm putting into my food. Every recipie I have tried has been utterly delicious and I now have the confidence to make the recipies direct from the book without watching the TV episode first. I love how amazed my family are every night when I produce another 'masterpiece' after only 20 minutes. BUY THIS BOOK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chinese Food by Ching, 14 Mar 2010
Mr. D. L. Kirk "Dave Kirk" (Scunthorpe UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ching's Chinese Food in Minutes (Hardcover)
Bought this book for the wife after we both watched an episode on channel 5,Ching made it look very easy to do (as most TV chefs do),but I have to say it really is very quick and pretty easy cooking,and I have to say we are both enjoying the end results,it has taken the myth out of chinese cooking,so go on and have a go you might find you enjoy the experience

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book and tasty recipes!, 9 Oct 2009
Jo (Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ching's Chinese Food in Minutes (Hardcover)
I also own Ching's other book and I have to say that I have cooked some dishes from both and not found a recipe that I don't like. They are very easy to make and very tasty. I usually struggle with other cook books where recipes don't come out quite how you think they should (I'm not a great cook!), but with this book, the food always tastes lovely and looks great too. I would recommend the cantonese sweet and sour pork from this book!! I have to be honest, I don't know alot about chinese food beyond what you can buy from the take away, so I don't know whether the recipes are like you would find in China or Taiwan but I find Ching's recipes great because they are similar to take away food (but better for you). I would highly recommend this book to anyone who likes chinese take away food but who would prefer to make a tastier and better for you version of it and like me, needs an easy to follow and quick recipe!

5.0 out of 5 stars fast, easy, & very nice food, 7 Jun 2010
Mrs. S. J. Barnsley (Rotherham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ching's Chinese Food in Minutes (Hardcover)
Just ordered this book, been looking at it in the shops, already done quite a few of the meals via the internet. also found a chinese supermarket in my area via the wed, just look up chinese supermarkets you will be supprised there are lots. Back doing more as soon as I receive the book, a must by

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Book!, 3 May 2010
Very good for novices.

Ching's Chinese Food in Minutes
Ching's Chinese Food in Minutes by Ching-He Huang (Hardcover - 3 Sep 2009)