5.0 out of 5 stars FAN-FLAMIN-TASTIC

Published on 6 Aug 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Guilty Pleasures, 6 Aug 2009
Amazon Customer "Emma T" (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guilty Pleasures (Paperback)
The first novel I read by Tasmina Perry was Original Sin, I liked that book so much I bought all Tasmina's previous books. After reading this one, although it was good, I found alot of the story very familiar with the first book I had read, some of the discriptions of things were the same as from original sin. Dont get me wrong its well worth a read but it's not the best book I have laid my hands on.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAN-FLAMIN-TASTIC, 11 Jun 2008
This review is from: Guilty Pleasures (Hardcover)
I have loved every single one of this lady's books and she is the only author that could steal Jackie Collins' crown as the queen of the blockbuster. This book has everything, super bitches, sexy men, daring heroines and bagfulls of drama that keeps you hooked from the very first page. Her characters may lead priviledged lives, but they don't get away with leading charmed ones, as Perry injects twist after twist throughout this meaty blockbuster. So much more than chick-lit! MORE PLEASE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 19 Jan 2009
M. Haider - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guilty Pleasures (Hardcover)
A fantastic book!!!! It has everything you want in this book!! The only down side to the book is that there are so many characters that are forgotten for many chapters that when they are mentioned again, you have almost forgotten who they are.

Other than that, I recomend this book to anyone that likes to read about high fashion, very career driven women who would do anything to achieve their goals!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A sexy read, 7 Oct 2008
KMS (Warrington, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guilty Pleasures (Hardcover)
This book is Tasmina Perry's third and it certainly delivers. Her first two novels were best sellers so Tasmina had a lot of work on her hands to make sure her third novel was just as good..

Emma and Cassandra are cousins, Emma being the more mature and Cassandra craving attention and status. Their Uncle has just died and the entire family are eager to find out who gets the grand home and more importantly, the prestigous company he owns. But who gets what they want? And with bitter family rivals, who will do anything to make sure they get their share of millions of pounds?

This book was a real page turner and there are alot of scandals, secrets and lies involved. I love the way Tasmina Perry really involves you, the reader, in each persons lives. This book isn't just about one person in particular, like with other TP novels, we get to find out about everybody, and not just small bits of information, we get to know their dirty secrets and more importantly, who is sleeping with who.

Unfortunately for me, this book wasn't quite as addictive as her previous two novels. Don't get me wrong, it was a stunning novel with a great story, great characters and great teasers...but I just wasn't that excited about finding out how it ends. Perhaps this book was just a little bit too long, I mean, when it arrived through my letterbox, it landed on the floor with such a thud, I thought somebody had posted a bowling ball through, not a book!

I do recommend this book as it's a sexy, scandalous read with bags of information, great characters and a great story.

1.0 out of 5 stars So bored I can't bear to read on :( not impressed!!, 26 Aug 2010
This review is from: Guilty Pleasures (Paperback)
This was the first Tasmina Perry book I'd read and I chose it especially because of some of the rave reviews on here! I was expecting a Jackie Collin's style 'bonkbuster' as I had read from the critics, I was very much suprised by what I found. I won't lie, I only made it to chapter number 8, but i feel like that was giving it a big enough chance to prove to me that it was worth my time in reading the rest. By chapter 7 I was so bored that i found myself skipping huge chunks of paragraph, desperatly searching for a juicy bit of story, but no such luck, each page was labouriously fluffed up with superficial details of designer brands, name drops and much more 'fashion talk' that to be honest I don't have the time to care for.
Considering I was about a fifth of the way into the book by this point, surely something interesting should have happened in order to keep my attention by now?? I have NEVER EVER not finished a book, i have always given them a try and carried on reading no matter how disapointing the storyline, but this was truly awful. The story was all about business, career minded women who's only care was money and fashion. No sex, no scandal, no intrigue whatsoever. Bitterly dissapointed, won't be buying another Tasmina Perry again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes! At last!!!!, 3 Aug 2009
LittleReader (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Guilty Pleasures (Paperback)
I wasn't impressed by TP's first couple of novels - they were samey, mediocre chic lit and full of tedious name-dropping but I just KNEW she had it in her, hence the purchase of 'Guilty Pleasures' and all I can say is - yes! She got it right! I am sooo pleased....
This time around, her writing has matured and rather than being a collection of paragraphs detailing Prada pants and Hermes neck scarves, TP has clearly done her research into the fashion world and writes with confidence and flair.
Cassandra and Emma are both delightful characters, loved em both, and the pace is excellent. This is a perfect beach read. I am now looking forward to her next offering with excitment and anticipation...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 'curl-up on the sofa' Read!, 5 Jan 2009
AMaria (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guilty Pleasures (Hardcover)
I read Tasmina Perry's first book Daddy's Girls and loved it, after reading poor reviews of her second book I skipped straight to this one. I read it over the Christmas holidays and absolutely loved it, I couldn't put it down. It's one of those books that has left me thinking about the characters for days after I've finished it, which always marks out a memorable story line and characters.

This is obviously a well researched book and I was pleased that the characters were less fickle and more substantial than her first book.

In my opinion this is a great book to read when on holiday or over a weekend. No good to read on the train, you might miss your stop!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Guilty Pleasure, 21 Jun 2008
This review is from: Guilty Pleasures (Hardcover)
After the dissapointment of Gold Diggers I was a little aprehensive about this 3rd book by the author (Daddys Girls being fabulous)but I need not have worried. From the very first page it had me hooked. The characters were strong, the story lines ebbed and flowed and joined seamlesly. If it is high glamour and luxury you are after then this book is it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Guilty pleasures indeed, 16 Jun 2009
This review is from: Guilty Pleasures (Paperback)
This book is wonderful and entertaining! I loved her first book, Daddy's girls, but was very disappointed in her second novel Golddiggers. But I have to say: Tasmina Perry certainly delivered the goods with Guilty Pleasures. I loved the characters of Emma and Stella and Cassandra is the anti-heroine we love to hate. Pure escapism, with its glamorous locations and descriptions of the lives of the super-rich! The only fault I could find with it (and that's not due to the author, but rather to her editor) is that one of the names of the characters on the back cover is wrong (Elizabeth instead of Julia)!

4.0 out of 5 stars Guilty Pleasures - Great Read!, 27 Mar 2009
Mrs. M. G. Barker (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guilty Pleasures (Hardcover)
I have now read all three books by this author and I believe that this particular book is the best of them all. It would make a great "Holiday?Beach read" - its easy to read (possibly whilst lying on the sunbed at the pool) but also quite gripping as on one occasion I went to bed thinking I'd just read another chapter, to find it was 2.30 a.m. my eyelids closing, but reluctant to put it down - had to find out what happens next. It has suspense, sex, intrigue, jealousy, family rivalries - what else do you want in a great |(if not classic) read?

Guilty Pleasures
Guilty Pleasures by Tasmina Perry (Paperback - 28 May 2009)