Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

on 11 July 2011
Good pocket reference, also includes a 60 minute audio download. It has a two-way dictionary and a menu reader so that you know what you're ordering! There's a small grammar section in the back with the absolute basics of constructing Turkish phrases, but don't expect it to help you express anything too complicated - there isn't enough room. Overall high quality with breakout sections to help you understand Turkish culture and laws in situations you're likely to encounter.
on 13 August 2010
For the price, this is an excellent phrasebook. I particularly like the easy-to-follow layout of the sections, and the audio download gives an idea of how to pronounce the words and phrases. A very handy size to carry.
on 4 May 2010
This is a great little book. Does what it says on the cover. Contains useful phrases with phonetic pronunciation to help with actually speaking the phrases.
Has useful, though not huge dictionary. Overall a useful little handbook.
For some reason I have been unable to get the free 60 minute audio download so far, which would have been useful with pronunciation too.
on 29 February 2012
As a teacher of Turkish and English, I found this book to have a good, user-friendly format, liked the use of images and photos, but it has a few errors in translation. However it's small and pocket-sized, and useful for the tourist or traveller.
[...]
on 13 August 2013
I was having trouble with a few bits and pieces on my Rosetta Stone course, and the answers to all of my questions were in here! It really is a gem of a book, and has helped immensely. Contains far more than a standard dictionary, and could well be a one-stop book for holidays. Price was very good too!
on 17 August 2012
This is a nice user friendly dictionary, with useful lists like numbers and days of the week. It's easily portable.
on 11 September 2013
I now travel to Turkey on a regular basis and find this phrasebook anexcellent companion.The layout is simple yet effective.
on 25 July 2013
I have visited Turkey several times for my annual holiday and wanted to speak a few words so I can talk a little bit with the locals. I think you would struggle to learn by just using this resource without a better understanding. The sections are far too specific and I had to keep going back and for the t find the sentence or word I needed. The free upload of the CD was handy though as I could practice a few new words.
on 19 November 2012
My Daughter is speaking fluent Turkish with the help of this little book. Has helped me out alot too. Its on the bedside table and is a little read every night and is always taken on travels to turkey when we visit the in-laws,And it helps us all communicate so much better. Would recommend.
on 21 April 2015
A useful pocket-sized guide for those starting to learn the language, or just going on holiday to Turkey. Divided into sections, it has lots of useful words and sentences you need for all kinds of situations. It also benefits from an audio guide, and overall is a good buy.