on 20 June 2008
For fans of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, this second volume of the Uxbridge English Dictionary will come as no surprise - an excellent book of word play and hilarity. And now that poor Humph has left us, this may become a unique item....depends what they do with the show. Excellent book, very funny, and guaranteed to make you laugh - a great tribute to the show...the best radio comedy show around. Highly recommended.....oh and one more definition....Propaganda....A good look :)
on 18 May 2008
Fans of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue will need no introduction to this collection - for everyone else all that I can give you is one "defination" - "Reincarnation - to be born again as a tin of condensed milk" - I am a cynical, hard bitten old sod but I cried tears of laughter when I read this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 30 January 2009
This is the second edition of the book based on the "I'm Sorry I haven't A Clue" game ... and it is as good as the first.
Full of spurious, comedy definitions of words. There are always some that bring tears to the eyes with laughing so much !
on 10 June 2009
Great fun for anyone who likes linguistic humour and a must for all fans of "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue"
on 28 November 2009
If you are a fan of 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue' then this will be your bible. Just buy it for some of the best humour ever.
on 8 April 2009
My family are great fans of, 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue,' with our favourite round being the new definitions round. that made this book a must buy. I don't think i've ever sat round and read a book with a whole load of people and being laughing constanly. It also has side entertainment from the looks of peoples faces when you tell them you are reading a dictionary.
on 27 January 2013
This small book is derived from one small fragment of the classic Radio 4 comedy panel game "I'm sorry I haven't a clue."
The regulars provide new definitions for common words with excruciatingly funny results. Sometimes there's a bit of brain work involved as the definitions come out of left-field and are very clever.
on 17 July 2013
The New Uxbridge is totally hilarious, full of inventive uses of the English language, don't read while traveling on public transport as you will find yourself LOLing and being stared at! One of the many great things about this book is that you can re-read it again and again and still find yourself convulsed with laughter.
on 3 March 2011
Who would have thought that Uxbridge could achieve such fame? To promote a set of new and witty definitions for everyday words is a maasterstroke of humour by the authors, most enjoyable and great exercise for the chuckle muscle!
on 11 February 2012
This book passes for the standard dictionary, but is anything but that. The standard dictionary definitions are cast aside by the ISIHAC team to give lots of laughs and much mirth-making. A good buy.