5.0 out of 5 stars Rind - What Prince Charles Buys in the Pub
Published on 20 Jun. 2008 by S. Bradnam

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I expected
Having heard a great many words and alternate definitions from the radio shows, I must say I was disappointed with this presentation. A lot of the words were unknown to me and often referred to persons of which I have no knowledge.

I much prefer words like 'bin-liner' a sunken vessel (my own concoction) than some of the references.

This volume did...
Published 12 months ago by MR PETER SHARPEN

5.0 out of 5 stars Rind - What Prince Charles Buys in the Pub, 20 Jun. 2008
S. Bradnam (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Uxbridge English Dictionary (Hardcover)
For fans of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, this second volume of the Uxbridge English Dictionary will come as no surprise - an excellent book of word play and hilarity. And now that poor Humph has left us, this may become a unique item....depends what they do with the show. Excellent book, very funny, and guaranteed to make you laugh - a great tribute to the show...the best radio comedy show around. Highly recommended.....oh and one more definition....Propaganda....A good look :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest book I have EVER read!, 18 May 2008
D. P. Hearn "David Hearn" (Liverpool; Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Uxbridge English Dictionary (Hardcover)
Fans of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue will need no introduction to this collection - for everyone else all that I can give you is one "defination" - "Reincarnation - to be born again as a tin of condensed milk" - I am a cynical, hard bitten old sod but I cried tears of laughter when I read this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hillarious Second Edition, 30 Jan. 2009
Martin Green "ISIHAC Fan" (Warwick) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Uxbridge English Dictionary (Hardcover)
This is the second edition of the book based on the "I'm Sorry I haven't A Clue" game ... and it is as good as the first.
Full of spurious, comedy definitions of words. There are always some that bring tears to the eyes with laughing so much !

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 1 Sept. 2010
Nicholas Tier "nuck_the_king" (Danehill, West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Uxbridge English Dictionary (Hardcover)
Hilarious: if you love the radio programme, then you already know that you're going to love this. If the definition of "louche" (where Sean Connery goes to the toilet), or "lovelorn" (to be really, really fond of grass) doesn't make you chuckle, then don't buy this. Otherwise, it's under a fiver: what are you waiting for?

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb linguistic joviality, 10 Jun. 2009
This review is from: The New Uxbridge English Dictionary (Hardcover)
Great fun for anyone who likes linguistic humour and a must for all fans of "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue"

5.0 out of 5 stars The only dictionary that I've read ene to end, and have enjoyed, 8 April 2009
Mark "Maxsmithy" (Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Uxbridge English Dictionary (Hardcover)
My family are great fans of, 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue,' with our favourite round being the new definitions round. that made this book a must buy. I don't think i've ever sat round and read a book with a whole load of people and being laughing constanly. It also has side entertainment from the looks of peoples faces when you tell them you are reading a dictionary.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best laughs for ages, 28 Nov. 2009
This review is from: The New Uxbridge English Dictionary (Hardcover)
If you are a fan of 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue' then this will be your bible. Just buy it for some of the best humour ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitions from Uxbridge English Dictionary, 27 Jan. 2013
G. D. Stilwell (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Uxbridge English Dictionary (Hardcover)
This small book is derived from one small fragment of the classic Radio 4 comedy panel game "I'm sorry I haven't a clue."
The regulars provide new definitions for common words with excruciatingly funny results. Sometimes there's a bit of brain work involved as the definitions come out of left-field and are very clever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and very hard to put down, 17 July 2013
This review is from: The New Uxbridge English Dictionary (Hardcover)
The New Uxbridge is totally hilarious, full of inventive uses of the English language, don't read while traveling on public transport as you will find yourself LOLing and being stared at! One of the many great things about this book is that you can re-read it again and again and still find yourself convulsed with laughter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fame for Uxbridge, 3 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The New Uxbridge English Dictionary (Hardcover)
Who would have thought that Uxbridge could achieve such fame? To promote a set of new and witty definitions for everyday words is a maasterstroke of humour by the authors, most enjoyable and great exercise for the chuckle muscle!

The New Uxbridge English Dictionary
The New Uxbridge English Dictionary by Iain Pattinson (Hardcover - 19 May 2008)