on 13 February 2009
Noddy Goes to Toyland (Noddy Classic Collection) Much better than the up-dated version of Noddy. Good illustrations and an easy early reader.
on 30 May 2011
I bought the book Noddy goes to Toytown for my little grandaughter as I had the series of Noddy books as a child and remember how much I loved them. I just wish I had kept them. This book was as good as I remember mine to be and I am looking forward to spending many a happy hour reading Noddy to our little Molly. Many thanks.
on 2 March 2011
I first read the Noddy Books when a neighbour passed her daughters collection on to me and I enjoyed both the pictures and the stories. This edition is a larger than usual version of Noddy's creation and escape from his cruel creator. As with every Noddy tale, it all works out OK in the end. The stories are a lesson in morals and good manners and the toys are mostly good at heart. Bigears is a good teacher of patience and kindness. However, the generous and grateful Garage Owner who rewards Noddy by giving him his little yellow car is sadly nowhere to be found in the re-hashed versions.
on 11 February 2011
Although I loved the book especially because it was an anniversary edition. It is big. Whatever the reasoning behind the size it is not the usual Noddy book and I didn't like that.
on 8 August 2014
This is the first ever Noddy book and sets the scene for all the rest. I well remember the first time this book was read to me when I was about 4 years old. How I felt for poor little Noddy lost and alone in the woods until befriended by Big Ears the Brownie and eventually taken to Toyland. It's a wonderful story no doubt inspired by Pinnochio but luckily for Noddy he always has Big Ears in hand to give him some kindly advice whenever problems arise.
on 5 October 2009
This is the first Noddy book, published in 1949. Although a children's book, there is an undercurrent of topical issues such as political asylum and immigration. Noddy has to prove that he is a. a toy, and b. a "good" toy, before he is granted resident status. Recent editions have been heavily censored to conform with modern ideas of political correctness.
on 15 November 2014
The delivery was o kay everything fine thank you