on 20 February 2013
This reference book is OK, but I would strongly recommend buying the full hardback edition. Quite often I have tried to look up fairly obscure words only to find that they are not in this edition. Buy the full version.
on 2 August 2011
This is useful, but found many words not included. I bought this to replace a rather battered existing puzzle solvers dictionary and have found myself returning to the old faithful. Have now given new book to a neighbour, and she finds it really useful, so perhaps it's ok when there isn't something for comparison
on 27 February 2016
Poor quality print far too small and faint. Does not have the lists of things like birds or rivers as in the standard dictionary.
I did order the wrong dictionary though by mistake. Was going to return it but return postage was too much so have kept it.
It needs a big pocket as well!
on 27 September 2015
Useful, but I've already found a link which doesn't work. Looking for a list of musical instruments under Music, it gives a link to Musical Instruments. There is no entry under that name, nor is there one under Instruments. I'm hoping this is an isolated case, but I'll be surprised if it is.
on 1 January 2013
I bought one for the mother in law years ago, It is used so often it fell apart, the high street (as is often the case) failed to supply the goods, I rest my case.
on 10 January 2013
Was on the look out for a dictionary that was small enough to carry in my bag and this was just the ticket.Would recommend the dictionary to anyone.
on 24 June 2014
My original copy needed replacing but this is an abridged edition and the full edition is rather expensive (cheaper at County Books, in fact.
on 20 December 2012
Arrived quickly well packaged. It has been used many times already and is great for solving problems! Handy size means it can travel in bag.
on 23 February 2014
Easy to use and very clear to read. Excellent headings and sections to help you when you are stuck! A compact size too.
on 26 May 2014
Not as good as I thought it was going to be. Many words in common usage not included. Somewhat disappointing