5.0 out of 5 stars the book was really good..but...
How come you can sell two books which are the same one?? I bought "where raibows end" and i loved it...and when i started to read "love, rosie"..it was the same book!!! you can't sell then together as if they were two different books!! i want my money back, of course..
Published on 25 Feb 2006

1.0 out of 5 stars Love Rosie
SO DISAPPOINTED, maybe my fault having got too excited thinking a new Ceceilia Aherne book out.
Exactly the same book as Where Rainbows End. Same book, two different titles
Published on 17 Jan 2006 by Mrs. A. Freeman

‹ Previous | 1 2 342 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars GREATLY DISSAPOINTED, 15 Aug 2008
T. Graetbatch "TommyG" (South West, UK) - See all my reviews
BUYER BEWARE

I have just bought the latest book of cecelia ahern in the process i bought two other books, one being love rosie having purchased all of aherns new titles since P.S i love you came out.
I thought that i had found previous books that i had not yet read, and therefore purchased MR. Whippy (which is greatly over-priced) and Love Rosie, only to find that it is the same as Where rainbows end, which i have already purchased & read so what i thought was a good deal turned out to be a very expensive latest edition to my collection.

I will also be requesting my money back, I wish i had read more of these reviews below before purchasing! But didn't think the author/publisher would be that cheeky.

1.0 out of 5 stars Where Rainbows End, 5 May 2009
Amanda Smith - See all my reviews
This book is Where Rainbows end. I thought it was a different book and foolishly bought it. It shouldn't have two titles for the one book. Its very unfair to Cecila Aherns fans.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Cascade of emotions, 18 Nov 2004
Willy Ryan (Cork, Ireland and BC, Canada.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Where Rainbows End (Paperback)
Rosie and Alex and two beautiful people facing a less than beautiful life but with a Rainbow between the showers. If you liked PS I love you, you'll love this second book. I was only into the first 20 pages when I experienced a cascade of emotions: laughter, tears, empathy, sadness but with an undercurrent of hope - hope that the rainbow will, as always, follow the rain shower. I was laughing out loud one minute: in floods of tears the next. I'd say it's even better than the first and puts this young writer up there with Binchy, Flanagan, Etc. Well worth the read but don't forget to keep the tissues close to hand - ten out of ten!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Rollercoaster Ride of Emotions, 13 Aug 2005
RM Brown "rachmarie1611" (Northampton, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Where Rainbows End (Paperback)
I had previously read and fell in love with "PS I Love You" and so was anxious to read "Where Rainbows End". At first I was unsure and dubious about how well the unusual writing format would work but after a few pages I found it an interesting and unique way of writing which adds to the books appeal.
The whole book is a rollercoaster of emotions. I found myself laughing out loud, crying, gasping and even yelling out loud at charactors.
The charactors of Rosie and Alex were very realistic and believable and you are left feeling as though you have experienced their lives with them.
A recommended read for all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this and you too will experience a Cascade of emotions, 23 Nov 2004
Willy Ryan (Cork, Ireland and BC, Canada.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Where Rainbows End (Paperback)
Rosie and Alex and two beautiful people facing a less than beautiful life but with a Rainbow between the showers. If you liked PS I love you, you'll love this second book. I was only into the first 20 pages when I experienced a cascade of emotions: laughter, tears, empathy, sadness but with an undercurrent of hope - hope that the rainbow will, as always, follow the rain shower. I was laughing out loud one minute: in floods of tears the next. I'd say it's even better than the first (PS - I'm loving it) and puts this young writer up there with Binchy, Flanagan, Feeney, Etc. Well worth the read but don't forget to keep the tissues close to hand - ten out of ten!

1.0 out of 5 stars like watching paint dry, 1 May 2014
Spoilers
There really isn't much I like about this book , from the style it is written ( it's all notes, letters, e mails etc ) to the main characters , especially Rosie ,
The ' anti heroin ' : letting life, circumstances , bosses, husband and so forth ruin her life . Not once does she stand up for herself , it's as if drudgery is the only thing she expects her life to be and does not have the courage to change it in any way .
I found myself skipping whole chunks of the book as it would have been more interesting to watch paint dry .
I did read the end chapter and my only feeling was to think : what a waste is a life !
I would save my money and buy something else .

5.0 out of 5 stars Rainbows end, 1 July 2011
This review is from: Where Rainbows End (Paperback)
A really brilliant book become a big fan of Cecelia Ahern after reading A place called Here. I have read almost all of her books now and am truely a great fan. Probably more of a woman's read however I would highly recommend this book to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 14 Aug 2005
M. Todd (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Where Rainbows End (Paperback)
I loved every minute of this book. I thought the style of the book, being written in emails and letters format may be difficult to get used to but it was really great. The story was so beautiful and had me in tears and laughing. It may be fairly predictable but that makes it even better, it doesn't dissapoint. This book really makes you believe in fate and that everything will work out. I really felt for the characters and found myself getting so frustrated at them for not sorting htings out sooner. I didn't want the book to end and would have loved to see more of what happened to them both.
A fantastic romance, not sickly sweet, just incredibly compelling and enjoyable. A real feel good book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Will it EVER end?, 25 Feb 2007
Claire (Cannock, Staffs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Where Rainbows End (Paperback)
Crikey, this is a long book but it seemed to go fairly quickly. I read it over a lazy weekend. Like others have said I also presumed that the time after the childhood introduction was the present but the years were still piling on and on until I thought 'Hang on, they are emailing and it's 25 years ago!!' which is totally unrealistic (try making a film out of this one!) which ruined it for me a bit and made me inclined to think it is aimed at people who don't want to think too deeply about what they are reading.

I am however a romantic at heart and was pleased about the happy ending and it was a reward enough for ploughing through such a shoddily thought out story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alex and Rosie true love or just friends???, 17 Nov 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Where Rainbows End (Paperback)
I adored Cecelia's first book P.S. I love you and although I enjoyed Where Rainbow's End, the difference in the style of writing took a few chapters to get used to. However having said that the story was captivating with the "will they, won't they" scenario. As with Cecelia Ahern's writing you feel through her fruitful and expressive writing that the charectors become real as you read through the book. Especially loved Alex, imagined him as the George Clooney type!!
The only reason I didn't rate the book the full 5 stars was due to Diary style writing, not a great fan of the 'stop-start' writing but have to say its a great winter read and would recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 342 | Next ›

Where Rainbows End
Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern (Paperback - 1 Mar 2012)