5.0 out of 5 stars Darren Shan - 1 - 12
Published on 12 May 2009 by Noreen Desborough

3.0 out of 5 stars O.K
Wasn't quite as described or pictured but good service all the same, maybe next time more up to date picture?
Published 18 months ago by Gillian Stones

5.0 out of 5 stars Darren Shan - 1 - 12, 12 May 2009
This review is from: The Saga of Darren Shan Box Set 1-6 (Paperback)
I began reading these books about four years ago as I was trying to encourage my son, then aged 12, to read for pleasure. He started them but only read the first couple, but that is him and no reflection on the Darren Shan vampire novels. I, however, could simply not put them down once I had started one and enjoyed them all from 'Cirque du Freak' right through to 'Sons of Destiny.' (I still get chills when I notice the initials 'RV' together somewhere on a numberplate or in an advert.)

Having been brought up in the 50's/60's on a reading diet of Enid Blyton and 'The Bunty' and 'Judy' comics and having recently read all the Harry Potter books, I am amazed at the incredibly high standard of writing there is these days for youngsters - long may that continue!

Don't hesitate to buy these for your teenager - and if they don't read them, try them yourself!

Noreen (Aged, well over 50!)

5.0 out of 5 stars The saga of Darren Shan, 4 Feb 2008
This review is from: The Saga of Darren Shan Box Set 1-6 (Paperback)
I began reading the saga of darren shan when I was approximately 14 years old, by chance picking up the first book of the series in my school library. I am now 17 and these series of books have changed the way I look at childrens literature. The style and tempo of the books are deep, meaningful, reflective and at times extremely emotional. They tackle decisions and choices that would be impossible to make and really get the readers thinking and involved in the books. You will instantly be pulled into the life of the teenage boy and empathise with his life, I guarantee you will be unable to put any of the books down without reading as much as humanly possible. The term "unputdownable" has been bounded about a lot recently but these series of books truely are. They include a type of incredible fast paced tempo complete with humour and lovable characters which I have never come across before. Although classed as childrens books I assure you both parents have read them and enjoyed them thoroughly. I would certainly recomend each and every single book of the series to anyone with even a mild intrest in horror. Pick the set up today, you will not regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vamp-tastic!, 26 Jan 2009
This review is from: The Saga of Darren Shan Box Set 1-6 (Paperback)
I found it hard to balance my life with reading this saga, I couldn't put it down, and with mysteries and problems always arising, the characters get more intense, loved every minute i spent reading this, one of the best adventures and character development I have ever read!

5.0 out of 5 stars darren shan, 6 Nov 2008
This review is from: The Saga of Darren Shan Box Set 1-6 (Paperback)
These books are the best books I have ever read in my life. I am 14 and read 7 of these books from my library in 1 and a half months. The storyline is just incredible and you soon get to love the characters and feel sympathetic for them when they die. A brilliant buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars super books! but..., 26 May 2009
This review is from: The Saga of Darren Shan Box Set 1-6 (Paperback)
i love these books, so i brought them my self, i was under the image this was the complete saga. its not, this is only the frist half. im not sure if it tells u any were, but just a heads up. if any one knows were i get the second box. i would love to know.

5.0 out of 5 stars the saga ofthese bo darren shan, 7 Jun 2009
Mrs. C. Turner "shepshed fan" (shepshed, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Saga of Darren Shan Box Set 1-6 (Paperback)
the stories of darren shan are compelling reading although they are teenagers books i at 63 find it hard to put them down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Darren Shan he's "The Man", 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Saga of Darren Shan Box Set 1-6 (Paperback)
My teenage boys can't get enough of all the blood and gore. Been a good buy to hand down through three boys.

3.0 out of 5 stars O.K, 7 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars vampirish saga, 28 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Saga of Darren Shan Box Set 1-6 (Paperback)
A vampirish tale that sucks at your attention and threatens the fabric of our known world.
You know things of the dark are meer faery tales. Don't you?
If so you have to read Shan's Saga and I defy you to put it down before completing the read.
His tale weaves in and out of many settings like the cirque de freak to vampire mountain where many strange characters abound both during day light and also during the night. The challenges that face him are many and dangerous. These same challenges appear to be by Des Tiny. Hmmmm, do you follow? A read is best to prepare yourself.
You have been warned. Grab a copy and immerse--------

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 25 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Saga of Darren Shan Box Set 1-6 (Paperback)
I'm a 15 year old girl. My friend told me to read these books, and I finished all 12 in about a week. Sheer brilliance, with a perfect ending.

The Saga of Darren Shan Box Set 1-6
The Saga of Darren Shan Box Set 1-6 by Darren Shan (Paperback - 1 Oct 2007)
Used & New from: 34.04