5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 5 Dec. 2007
This review is from: On Me 'eadline: The complete history of sport from The Sun (Paperback)
I was given the Sun's book Giant Leaps (about science) last Christmas and was surprised to find I loved it (see my review there). Being a sports nut I'm probably biased but this is actually better. It's the same format - made-up Sun front or back pages for every great "event" in sport, each one having another page with it of textbook-style explanation and facts and figures. The Sun pages are a scream. There's a story I'd heard before about WG Grace refusing to be given out because the crowd had only come to see him bat - the headline is I'm A Celebrity, You Won't Get Me Out Of Here. There's a spoof report of a medieval football match which is laugh-out-loud funny. Some of the stories are pretty recent - I don't know if they're actual pages from the paper but I suspect not - so you get the whole history of sport from the ancient Greeks up to David Beckham and the London Olympics. Highly recommended for any sports fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sun history is fun for all., 8 May 2012
Raymond Griggs "Jumbo Kray" (Margate, Kent. UK) - See all my reviews
We thought that this Sun series might be just for kids but we were wrong. This series of historical stories Sun style is just excellent for all members of the family. Surprise yourself and enjoy the alternative learning approach offered by The Sun.

On Me 'eadline: The complete history of sport from The Sun