5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 8 Mar 2007
S. Michael (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fallen Angel: The Roth Trilogy (Paperback)
This trilogy is as good as fiction gets. The new ITV drama 'Fallen Angel' is adapted from these novels, which begins on Sunday 11th March. It's a dark and compelling story, which has the intellectual background to really make it standout. The stories work backwards, each revealing more about the making of the murderer, which together with the atmospheric social and historical elements proves to be fascinating. The trilogy was originally published under the title 'Requiem for an Angel', so if you want to read more reviews then search for that on Amazon. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully Written!!!, 9 May 2008
This review is from: Fallen Angel: The Roth Trilogy (Paperback)
I once had the privledge of meeting Andrew Taylor at the Harrogate Festival. A very talented writer but so unassuming.
At the time, I had not read all of the Roth Trilogy but had just finished 'The American Boy', which I was happy to recommend to other readers.
I think 'The Roth Tilogy' is a wonderful achievement.
Andrew Taylor is totally underrated. There are many highly regarded, world famous but mediocre writers who will never achieve anything like this.
I notice that another reviewer has asked for Rosemary's point of view. I am certain that Andrew Taylor could do this - if he wanted to - because he can capture the female voice so eloquently.

My favourite book is 'The Office of the Dead'. Wendy was not originally intended to be the narrator - that was to be her husband's role, as David Byfield's friend. It was not to be and Andrew Taylor found his wonderful 'female' voice.

My overwhelming feeling was one of tremendous sadness because none of it needed to happen. The past did, indeed, have a hold on the present (and the future).
I can't wait for 'Bleeding Heart Square'.

Just an aside, it is a great pity that the T.V. version was not set in the 1950s, because the setting, which was integral to the sinister atmosphere of the book, was lost.
Emillia Fox was a trully chilling Rosemary but Wendy was too old.
Fine details!

5.0 out of 5 stars Triffic, 9 April 2007
WOW, I loved this book.

I have yet to watch the DVD - what I want to know is where is the book from Rosemarys point of view.. I think that would a great read..

Loved it.. One of the best

5.0 out of 5 stars Not one like it!, 28 Mar 2007
This review is from: Fallen Angel: The Roth Trilogy (Paperback)
This book is completely and utterly fantastic! The way it is original with 'whydunnit' instead of the normal 'whodunnit'. The 3 parts to the book are all good, especially the judgment of strangers, this one reveals the most to me and kept me reading on more than the other two parts. I was reading it while it was on ITV 1, i thought it would have spoiled the book but it really didn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars class act, 19 Sep 2013
Mrs Lofts "Polly" (Manchester England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fallen Angel: The Roth Trilogy (Paperback)
Andrew Taylor is a brilliant writer I read this before the TV adaptation (which was really well done) This writer can't put a foot wrong for me.

Fallen Angel: The Roth Trilogy
Fallen Angel: The Roth Trilogy by Andrew Taylor (Paperback - 5 Mar 2007)
Used & New from: £0.01